• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any tips on fighting zss with fox?

IblisTriggersPuppet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Oshawottfan33
3DS FC
4356-0745-3351
zss is possibly the worst match up for my fox on for glory
I always get rekt (only if they're good or decent)
any tips i'm kind of a newbie to smash trying to learn competitive

RPK

Smash Lord
Stay close to her, keep her in the air, be beneath her, and you will effectively shut down a lot of her options. She has practically no options beneath her. If she Down-B's away, you have the speed to easily follow her. Platforms of course will help her quite a bit as they help her escape. If her Down-B hits your shield, and there are no platforms for her to retreat to, then you can just walk and follow her and get a free punish.

Neverbound

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wulfiepaw
Switch FC
5778-4164-2795
Run away from her and camp her until you get a chance to punish her, most of the one's I fought abuse neutral b and also use her down b since it's safe as hell. Be sure to DI correctly because one down throw from her will lead into a free 35 percent on you

MurphyLe

Smash Rookie
ZSS can be a hard character to fight. But its not that bad, with fox's speed you can bait out quite a few moves from Zero suit samus and get the punish. Most ZSS players have a pretty aggressive playstyle and punishing them would be optimal in this match up.

Keep the pressure going by sticking close, you don't necessarily need to attack her as long as you're forcing her to react, and go for the punish once an opening presents itself. With a few HARD punishes you can start throwing out some moves of your own and end up winning the match.

Last edited:
Top Bottom