• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament Any tips for Suicune?

JacobARF

Smash Cadet
I've tried playing some Suicune, but I still feel I don't have complete control over him. What's the best thing to do? Try to zone my opponent or going in for melee strikes?

HLN_Midas

Smash Rookie
NNID
KG1337
3DS FC
0946-2319-6755
I tend to do more zoning at the beginning of the match. His aerial projectiles are pretty solid and do some hefty damage if you land them

O Rai

Smash Rookie
Suicine's niche is definitely as a space dependant character and theres always the training dojo to get a basic understading and combo game (for anyone). For Suicine though field phase has a chance for interesting setups between the ice wall, the ice ball drop and just general projectile heaven. Also mirror coat (the green dome move) destroys opposing projectile games and nets nice counter damage if you time it.

Although one should note that some setups with suicine are kinda slow (but good after knockdown on opponent) and also linear to a degree (they dont track enemy movement well/ easy to side step). Otherwise suicine is a good ranged starter/intro since the tools are there but theres no fancy complex/ timed combos like Sceptile (and others) has.

Top Bottom