• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Tips for Projectile Strats?

Farnsworth

Smash Cadet
Just wondering if anyone has any good tactics for approaching a character with long-range projectile moves (fox, falco, wolf, lucas, etc.). I can usually deal with the damage or dodge my way over to them, but by the time I reach them they've rolled away. This is usually isn't a huge problem, but if you have any suggestions, let me know =D

Eten

Smash Ace
As zelda vs. Ike and as Ike vs. Link, patience using your shield, dodges, and airdodges, and then quickdraws when you can over the projectile like Ussi said.

spideybry

Smash Rookie
NNID
Spidey164
i have a friend who is really ******** with wolf...... cant stand it...

Pabs

Smash Cadet
Try to play it close quarters, if anything you can run+dodge and slide close enough for an AAA combo etc. Some characters have bad recovery time after using projectiles too, i.e Wolf; a short hop laser takes about as much time to execute as Ike's Fsmash. But yea, it'll still be hard regardless, get used to playing with other characters to deal with projectile spammers

Top Bottom