• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any tips for my Sheik?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I figure that I don't use Sheik as much as I should, considering my Sheik is even in skill with my Ice Climbers, and I'm just wondering what I should improve with her.

Someone uploaded a couple tourny videos of my Sheik from HOBO 16 last weekend, so I'll post them here so people can give me an idea of what I need to work on.

Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL_52-jduAA
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsTKiuuWHk4
Match 3 didn't get recorded because I didn't have time to record the replay data of it, but all it was was my Sheik getting owned because I was too impatient with his planking, then switching to Zelda and almost making a comeback.

Also something else to note. I was pretty nervous during these matches, but all that really did was made me play more cautiously than usual, I still played my best.

As far as my own imput, I'm thinking I used needles too much, and got too hasty with trying to get an Up Smash kill at one point.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
heres my input. i like your setup in the beginning match 1 .. but it came redundant and xyro got a hold of your playing style by match 2&3. mix it up a little. more jab cancels. your use of needles is great . but use different moves to like auto cancelled uair, dtilts. and ftilt usmash. you had a perfect setup . but you continued with a another ftilt. chain **** but you can get punished so only use when you have a good set up like he tripped or at the edge and he has not alot of invincibility frames. good sheik. sorry i was cheering for xyro during livestream xD

KRDsonic

Smash Master
heres my input. i like your setup in the beginning match 1 .. but it came redundant and xyro got a hold of your playing style by match 2&3. mix it up a little. more jab cancels. your use of needles is great . but use different moves to like auto cancelled uair, dtilts. and ftilt usmash. you had a perfect setup . but you continued with a another ftilt. chain **** but you can get punished so only use when you have a good set up like he tripped or at the edge and he has not alot of invincibility frames. good sheik. sorry i was cheering for xyro during livestream xD
Hmm... I'll try working Uair into my playstyle a bit more. Dtilt I like, but I don't really know many situations where it's better than Ftilt. Also, I do Ftilt > Usmash quite a bit, but Xyro kept DIing to where my Usmash wouldn't hit him, or he'd get a chance to air dodge it, so I started using things I knew would hit instead like Nair and Utilt after Ftilt. Was my Ftilt not decayed enough or too decayed or something?

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
it was pretty decayed you had like 2 ftilts in and he was basically at 95% and thats usually the kill percent

EDIT: YOU SHOULD REALLY ASK THIS IN THE VIDEO CRITQUE SECTION INSTEAD OF MAKING A NEW THREAD, I JUST NOTICED

Top Bottom