• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any tips for Fox dittos?

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I've got a couple dittos to play in the bracket for an upcoming tournament. There are other MUs to worry about, but the 2 main people that will be a challenge also main Fox.

I know the MU is supposed to be pretty jank, but I haven't really played it extensively, so what should I be looking out for, and what jank stuff should I be trying to do when possible?

I know at the very least that edgeguarding is crucial as ****

Y-L

Smash Champion
dd camp is crazy good because if you get a grab it always leads into massive damage or death
thunders combo super prevalent because it leads into a grab which flowcharts into massive damage or death
some jank stuff you can do if you grab them by the ledge (and you're facing inwards towards the stage) and they don't di the uthrow you can double shine and potentially gimp

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
dd camp is crazy good because if you get a grab it always leads into massive damage or death
thunders combo super prevalent because it leads into a grab which flowcharts into massive damage or death
some jank stuff you can do if you grab them by the ledge (and you're facing inwards towards the stage) and they don't di the uthrow you can double shine and potentially gimp
Thanks! But what is the thunders combo? Other than that, everything is understood

Y-L

Smash Champion
In addition, they can start to get up attack or roll after the jab reset past low percent, and at high percent the jab doesnt reset at all

It's so safe though that it's generally worth going for since the risk/reward is very good

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
Grabs are really important and lead to big damage, crouch cancel then shine their Nair approaches, upthrow upsmash, be an M2K edgeguarder, and shine out of shield. Otherwise I hate this matchup

Lorek

Smash Rookie
Thunders Combo has already been stated, but I really like running shine in the fox ditto. It leads into tech chasing and is super safe.

Top Bottom