• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any tips for being air juggled?

tripp6313

Smash Apprentice
my friends have figured out that i struggle against being air juggled as snake... can i get any pointers on how to counter this?

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
A lot of the time i hold a grenade so we both blow up but there are ways around that. If you are super high up you can drop a C4 to try to keep him away, or try to get into position for a dair, bair, or even fair. It definitely is a place where snake struggles with his terrible air mobility :(.

tripp6313

Smash Apprentice
I've done the grenade trick so much now they know where the weak points are at... and C4 is very unreliable for me... that stupid frigging fake out is such a dooms day weapon for me.. but the air moves are about it it seems... but it feels like I'm getting canceled on those moves... but i'm told you can't cancel peoples air moves by DG... but idk it doesn't work right... are there any like air techs idk about

SAX

Smash Ace
I've done the grenade trick so much now they know where the weak points are at... and C4 is very unreliable for me... that stupid frigging fake out is such a dooms day weapon for me.. but the air moves are about it it seems... but it feels like I'm getting canceled on those moves... but i'm told you can't cancel peoples air moves by DG... but idk it doesn't work right... are there any like air techs idk about

Have you tried wavebouncing a grenade? It helps getting to the ground by completely switching your momentum in the opposite direction (brawl mechanic). Even though wave bouncing is a really good option, this is where snake struggles the most as a character. He gets juggled. Hard. and he doesn't really have a safe way to land. If you watch me or Pro play, you'll see that the most common way to get out of juggling is to wave bounce, or literally fast fall a Dair and hope your opponent can't space it. Timing fast fall Dairs is usually what helps me get to the ground. Just wait until the right moment, and then FF DAIR AND PRAY! Smaller stages like Yoshi's don't really allow proper wave bouncing, because the amount of area to land on is really small, but small stages are really good for snake because it allows easy stage control and easy c4 kills. So FF dair remember hahaha. It's really bad. Not as bad as marth, but you get the picture.

tripp6313

Smash Apprentice
oh ok...I haven't tried wavebouncing grenades yet... I've actually never tried wavebouncing... what are some tips for that?

SAX

Smash Ace
oh ok...I haven't tried wavebouncing grenades yet... I've actually never tried wavebouncing... what are some tips for that?

Like, if you're DI'ing to the Left, input Neutral B and then immeadiately input RIGHT on the analog stick. The result should be all of you momentum shifting in the opposite direction.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
You can also B-reverse C4. Another thing that helps sometimes is to FF into Cypher. It sounds weird, but if you FF and then Cypher right as the opponent tries to attack you, you can stuff his attempt or trade with him. Do it preemptively and you could throw him off altogether without being hit. Once you've done that, descend pronto! Don't forget that after acting out of Cyper with an aerial or special, you can AD. C4 is the fastest action, so I usually drop one of those (or set the one I laid earlier off) and AD quickly as well.

Top Bottom