• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any tips for beating Mega Man as Little Mac?

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech
Yes, I know this is on the wrong forum and I should be asking this on the Little Mac Match-up forum. But sadly, I have tried and that forum is dead so I am bringing my question here.

How in the FRICKIN WORLD do I beat :4megaman: as :4littlemac: or as any character that has a chase down or a bit of a chase down playstyle like :4falcon:, :4dk:, and :4fox:.

Seriously though. :4megaman:versus any of these MUs, most in particular :4littlemac:, is AN ABSOLUTE CHORE!!! It is impossible to lay one finger (or in this case a boxing glove) on this robot human because of his lemon mechanic that basically keeps a wall in front of him and deals damage at the same time not to mention it has knockback that gets bigger and bigger as your percent gets bigger.

Even if I counter (which I almost never usually do, especially in this MU), the amount of damage and knockback given to :4megaman: is almost completely worthless because the damage output from the lemons are extremely small.

Can someone from this thread help me please? I would normally just do my own research by studying the character and actually playing them in game to know their strengths and their MU spread (and part of that is looking through the character discussion on Smasboards) but I am already too busy learning other characters and I don't want to burn myself out and forget all of the information that I am trying to lodge into my head. I just need some quick information that is to the point.

Again, I am sorry that this is probably on the wrong discussion board but again, I already tried posting this question on the MU discussion thread on the Little Mac discussion board but that thread is completely dead.

Last edited:

LittleMissEevee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FoxieKyu
3DS FC
3711-8557-9264
Switch FC
SW-5003-6584-4623
All I feel I meed to say is rely on reads, if they get really close use a smash attack they will likely wanna use a mega upper, if they walk to anyway, and any time they are pellot range away use a smash, take full sdvantage of sll super armour moves and when chu take em offstage go for the gimps and nairs to remove a recovery option

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech
All I feel I meed to say is rely on reads, if they get really close use a smash attack they will likely wanna use a mega upper, if they walk to anyway, and any time they are pellot range away use a smash, take full sdvantage of sll super armour moves and when chu take em offstage go for the gimps and nairs to remove a recovery option
Okay. That makes more sense. I appreciate the help!

I actually forgot that Mega Man loses his recovery when smacked after up-B'ing. I guess I may just have to get more confidence in offtage play. I just hate it when I go for an offstage GIMP, I miss, and then while Mega Man is clinging to the ledge, he does a short hop and spikes me before I'm halfway through my up-B animation as characters like Mac or Falcon.

LittleMissEevee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FoxieKyu
3DS FC
3711-8557-9264
Switch FC
SW-5003-6584-4623

I actually forgot that Mega Man loses his recovery when smacked after up-B'ing. I guess I may just have to get more confidence in offtage play. I just hate it when I go for an offstage GIMP, I miss, and then while Mega Man is clinging to the ledge, he does a short hop and spikes me before I'm halfway through my up-B animation as characters like Mac or Falcon.
oh no I mean repeated nair him or footstool him, he regains hos recovery when hit. OH! also be sure to rush them as much as possible but be smart, megaman has trouble when enemies are behind them at close range so dodge behind them often but watch his moves that to hit behind and try to combo as much as possible, a good one being his dtilt to fair combos

Last edited:

LittleMissEevee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FoxieKyu
3DS FC
3711-8557-9264
Switch FC
SW-5003-6584-4623

Oops this was unintentional, delete this please

Last edited:
Top Bottom