• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any tips for a noobish Link secondary?

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Currently, I main Captain Falcon, and I'm pretty experienced as the mighty racer, but I really want to learn to play Link for my secondary. He's actually the only character I've been able to complete Classic Mode on 9.0, so I can see he has potential with me! :p

I'm pretty noobish in relation to Link competitive skills, so any tips, combos and the like that you'd think useful when starting out, I'd be very grateful :)

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Currently, I main Captain Falcon, and I'm pretty experienced as the mighty racer, but I really want to learn to play Link for my secondary. He's actually the only character I've been able to complete Classic Mode on 9.0, so I can see he has potential with me! :p

I'm pretty noobish in relation to Link competitive skills, so any tips, combos and the like that you'd think useful when starting out, I'd be very grateful :)
The best thing you can do is to read the guide completely so you know the properties of each hit, which ones can KO and so forth. Once you get that down, go out and lose a couple of times. Record the matches you lost, come back and post them to receive critique.

However, the ABOSOLUTELY MOST important thing you can do is it read the rules before you post in here and avoid creating threads that have already been sort of answered in another thread. You can find more tips in there.

Enjoy playing as 2 of the 3 manliest chars in the game.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
However, the ABOSOLUTELY MOST important thing you can do is it read the rules before you post in here and avoid creating threads that have already been sort of answered in another thread. You can find more tips in there.
Oh! My bad! I probably should've been a bit more thorough in checking before I posted this.

I'll definitely read the guide and record some matches, but the one query I have is how do you actually upload matches? I've tried before, but I can't find any way to upload the replay. I've even looked in the SD card folders, but nothing... :/

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Oh! My bad! I probably should've been a bit more thorough in checking before I posted this.

I'll definitely read the guide and record some matches, but the one query I have is how do you actually upload matches? I've tried before, but I can't find any way to upload the replay. I've even looked in the SD card folders, but nothing... :/
So far the only way to do it, unless you have a video capture device, is to film your TV with a camera or something and upload it like that to youtube. They are working on a replay sharing system, supposedly, but as of now there is no way apparently.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
So far the only way to do it, unless you have a video capture device, is to film your TV with a camera or something and upload it like that to youtube. They are working on a replay sharing system, supposedly, but as of now there is no way apparently.
I haven't got SmashU yet, but I'm on the 3DS currently. I'll try recording then and posting. Thanks :)

Top Bottom