• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

any tips for a free for all match?

SnowandDeath

Smash Cadet
yea i Really suck at these.none of the things i usually do in 1vs1 matches work at all.like,i usually perfer to knock my opponent into to the air,smack them in the face with something,and fall back(rinse and repeat)and that's really hard to do with pit spamming arrows or ike coming out of nowhere with a airial while i'm trying to either ko lucas or stop stop him form getting back on the stage.point is,can anyone give advice on avoiding other players attacks?Oh,and i realise this is poorly worded and i'm sorry.

Ps.footstool jump plus+spring board during lucas's(maybe anyone but lucas is probably the easiest since you can cancle his thunder with it)=insta-pwn
probably already known ^

jimmy4265

Smash Rookie
run your opponents off the edge of the stage, one at a time.

trust me, this works. sonic has a hella nice recovery so if u run, lets say, ike off the stage (far) using a neutral B - neutral A combo, he'll never make it back.

And, none off ur opponents will be enough of a ******* to follow you.

spiderman621

Smash Cadet
Best thing I can think of is try to draw out one of your opponents and take them on one at a time. It is hard cause you don't have a range attack but you can do it with the homing and spin dash.

Lyoncet

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, unfortunately, Sonic's playstyle just doesn't lend itself well to free-for-all matches. Gimping is tough, and you can never get off a kill move with all the the Bowsers/Ikes/DKs in the match.

I usually just play Falco in that case. It's a similar, combo-oriented style, but with a spike and lasers. :laugh:

Top Bottom