• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

any tip on trying to wavedash frequetly?

wwkd

Smash Rookie
iss all about the practice man.. u need to do it alot in training.

ur doing it right, right?

B-boy

Smash Rookie
It to me a while to get my wave dashes down i just usualy remember the rythm in my head when i hear the bottons click

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Umm, if you've been learning wavedashes by practicing Falco's, don't.

I don't really understand what you're having trouble with. Are you trying to move by wavedashing? (unnecessary) Or are you having trouble consistently doing it right? If you are trying to replace running with wavedashing as your form of movement, you don't need to do that with Falco.

If you can't get his wavedashes down consistently, practice with Luigi or the Ice Climbers until you can do it perfectly. Wavedashing with them is pretty easy. The first step to perfecting a wavedash is to perfect a SH-Waveland with that character. Do it until you can't see the airdodge or hear the noise anymore. Then try to put the L+Control Stick movement together with the X/Y button until you can synchronize them.

For Pillaring... perfect your SHFFL d-airs and perfect your wavedash, then combine it into d-air~l-cancel~waveshine and practice whatever you want to come after that. Of course you don't need to start it with a SHFFL d-air, but it's the easiest way to approach them.

EDIT: If you've been practicing pillaring on CPUs then that might be your problem. Practice with a human so that you can get used to real DI. Humans aren't as predictable.

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
Umm, if you've been learning wavedashes by practicing Falco's, don't.

I don't really understand what you're having trouble with. Are you trying to move by wavedashing? (unnecessary) Or are you having trouble consistently doing it right? If you are trying to replace running with wavedashing as your form of movement, you don't need to do that with Falco.

If you can't get his wavedashes down consistently, practice with Luigi or the Ice Climbers until you can do it perfectly. Wavedashing with them is pretty easy. The first step to perfecting a wavedash is to perfect a SH-Waveland with that character. Do it until you can't see the airdodge or hear the noise anymore. Then try to put the L+Control Stick movement together with the X/Y button until you can synchronize them.

For Pillaring... perfect your SHFFL d-airs and perfect your wavedash, then combine it into d-air~l-cancel~waveshine and practice whatever you want to come after that. Of course you don't need to start it with a SHFFL d-air, but it's the easiest way to approach them.

EDIT: If you've been practicing pillaring on CPUs then that might be your problem. Practice with a human so that you can get used to real DI. Humans aren't as predictable.
:confused:???....i dont really understand what you mean..i didnt master SSFFHL yet,i just wanna know how to do those crazy moves like some vids ive seen

Sssurivad

Smash Apprentice
SHFFLing is what makes pillaring work. You need to short hop, fast fall, and L-cancel your dair or you won't be able to pressure their shield well. L-cancelling is especially important before the shine because if you don't L-cancel, they'll just shield grab.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I don't really understand what you're having trouble with. Are you trying to move by wavedashing? (unnecessary)
Falco's wavedash speeds up his game a lot, surf wavedashing is what you want to learn to look and be freaking fast with falco, of course you don't need to do it ALWAYS but many times yes.

wonnage

Smash Rookie
Falco runs fast enough that you would rather dash than wavedash around. It's just so you can change directions quickly, and do things out of shines due to jump cancel. Pillaring doesn't really depend on good WD, learn to shffl.

Vestipher

Smash Rookie
Wait, let's clear something up. Are you trying to learn to pillar or shine-spike combo?

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
pillaring is SHFFL dair-shine-SHFFL dair-shine, etc... If you mean the combo, it's shine, dair, then shine again, and dair/ etc...

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Except that's the worst combo, you can DI out of it if you know what you are doing. You want to do Dair -> Shine, repeat, build of some percentage, ad go from there.

Also, wavedashing? Just practice it alot (like after you've killed someone). I probably do it more than most falcos. It took a while to get, but I can do it all day now.

wwkd

Smash Rookie
just practice wavedashing in training.

and for pillaring. u need to get ur shffl down to where u can pull it out whenever. the shorhop fastfall laser practice helps a lot with the first half of it..

SantaClaus

Smash Apprentice
Trust me on this one, what they are saying is true. Practice, as cliche as this is, makes perfect. Last week I was very inconsistent at wavedashing but I've been playing about 10 minutes a day just against a lvl 1 and practicing dashing at them and wavedashing back and I have gotten noticeably better. Again, this is only ONE WEEK, imagine what more practice will do for you [and me].

Top Bottom