• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any songs that you wish were in?

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Are there any songs, whether or not they come from a series in Smash or not, that you wish were in?

Here's one that I was hoping for once Ryu was announced...

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Oh, yeah. Lots of songs. Mostly Fire Emblem Awakening songs and Paper Mario songs that AREN'T Sticker Star. I've only played Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, but I just know that there's a ton of good songs in Paper Mario 64 and Super Paper Mario. Here's to name a few:
  1. Prelude (Ablaze) (FE13)
  2. Storm Clouds (Ablaze) (FE13)
  3. Champion (Ablaze) (FE13)
  4. Rawk Hawk Battle (TTYD)
  5. The Shadow Sirens (TTYD)
  6. King of the Koopas (PM64)
EDIT: I can't believe I forgot the non-boss battle themes.
  1. Battle Theme (TTYD)
  2. Training Battle (TTYD)
  3. Event Battle (TTYD)
  4. Battle Fanfare (PM64)
  5. Normal Battle Theme (SS)

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
When Bayonetta was announced:

Fly Me To The Moon
Moon River
Blood & Darkness

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This......................................................

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
We got screwed over in music from Street Fighter and Final Fantasy.

Just wanted Gulie's theme. :(

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm surprised that the following track never returned for the Final Destination stage. Battlefield and Big Battlefield can keep the Multi-Man Melee 2 BGM.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Was absolutely baffled they didn't have this song on the Midgar stage...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd just like the uncut versions of every song in the game that was trimmed, but especially Engage the Enemy.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
This here is Mona Pizza!
Makers of the world's greatest eatsa!
Fresh sauce and cheese galore
Brought straight to your front door!

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
This for no good reason at all.
Well, it's from Sega, and I assume they wouldn't whine if it were in the game...

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I have no idea why this didn't make it in..

Tho in retrospect I think it fits Brawl more than Smash 4 (due to Brawl's epic/orchestral nature)

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
Okay let's begin.

Fire Emblem :
Verdane Army
Fateful Showdown
Agustria Army
Agustria Army (Pirates Variation)
Battle For Whose Sake
Shaman In The Dark
Everything Into The Dark
Comrades ( Yup, I'm well aware there is Comrades in a medley but I love this OST too much anyway )
Determination (THIS WOULD BE F*CKING AWESOME SINCE IT'S MY FAVORITE OST OF ALL TIME I GUESS)
Stalwarts Unite
On Glory's Wings
Reign Of Despair

Final Fantasy :

Castle Pandaemonium
FFI Battle Theme

The fact is that I did not play every Final Fantasy, I only finished FFI and II. So, don't worry, this list shall grow up with the time I finish the others !

Castlevania :

Golden Sun :

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
C-R-O-W-N-E-D (Kirby)
Moonstruck Blossom (Kirby)
Each to his own world (Kirby)
Zero's theme/Hyper zone 2 (Kirby)
A non-butchered version of Zero Two's theme (Kirby)
One winged angel (FF)
Dancing Mad (FF)
Popple Battle (Mario)
Master Porky's theme (Mother)
And like a thousand other songs :p.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Zinnia's Battle Theme
Deoxys Battle Theme
Elite Four Battle Theme (Black&White)
Don't Speak Her Name
One Winged Angel
Venus Lighthouse
Saturos Battle Theme

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I've got plenty of tracks in mind that I wish were in. This is quite an interesting topic for me to discuss that I ended up typing quite a lot of text. Luckily I split each section into several parts, and I even provided links for the tracks I am referring to.

Part 1: Mario music
From the Mario series, I wish we had several more Dream Team songs, namely:
and especially...
Seriously, it would be amazing to have Adventure's End play in the background on the Mario Galaxy stage, as the song just fits the setting perfectly (and for my ears, I think it's even better than the already awesome In the End track from Bowser's Inside Story.

Part 2: Zelda music
From the Zelda series, I wish we had the Demon Train battle music and the original Great Sea music track from Windwaker. The Demon Train track would sound awesome on the Spirit Tracks stage, and perhaps even on Hyrule Castle 64 as well. With the original Great Sea music, I was really saddened it didn't reappear in Smash WiiU, especially since we got the Pirate Ship stage and the track just fits it so well. I know we got a remix of the Great Sea, but I think the remix doesn't even compare to the original.

Part 3: Kirby music
With the Kirby series, I wish we had the final boss tracks from the newer Kirby games, specifically:
I know we have some tracks from those two games already, namely the first levels, and we also had the final phase music from the final battle in Triple Deluxe, but yet again, I think those tracks, while alright, don't even compare to the real treats in terms of music. For me, Sullied Grace is arguably my favorite track from all the Kirby games released because it sounds incredibly epic with the guitar and organ mix, and hearing that in Smash would be a dream come true. Under my Control, C-R-O-W-N-E-D, and Moonstruck Blossom all take a close second place for favorite Kirby tracks as well, and all would be great to hear in Smash as well.

And of course, some other Kirby tracks that I wish we had include:

I'm especially surprised that we didn't get the first two listed tracks from the above since I thought those two would surely make it in, being popular recurring boss themes and all, but oh well.

Part 4: Metroid music
As for the Metroid series? Well, I haven't played any Metroid games, but I do fondly remember the Opening/Menu from Metroid Prime in Brawl, and I was saddened that it didn't crossover to Smash 4. It was definitely one of my favorite Metroid tracks in Brawl, and having it play in Frigate Orpheon was quite fitting with the darkened setting.

Part 5: Fire Emblem music
With the Fire Emblem tracks, the two that I really wish were in the game were:
Not seeing Don't Speak Her Name in Smash especially shocked since that and Id (Purpose) are practically everyone's favorite tracks from FE:Awakening, so it seemed like Don't Speak Her Name was a surefire inclusion. Alas, we didn't get it, and a shame too since it just so beautiful. Divine Decree and Destiny are arguably my two other favorite tracks from FE:Awakening not counting Id (Purpose) and Don't Speak Her Name, as both capture the normal Fire Emblem battling atmosphere really well.

Part 6: Final Fantasy
Like many others, I wish we had a few more Final Fantasy tracks on the Midgar stage, like J-E-N-O-V-A and One Winged Angel. Not seeing One Winged Angel since it is one of the most iconic music pieces in gaming, though I guess Square Enix's stinginess when it comes to crossovers might be a major reason why we only got two Final Fantasy tracks for Midgar.

Part 7: Bayonetta
When Bayonetta was first revealed, I was hoping one of the tracks for the stage would be the main theme of Phantom R (it's seriously good, and really catchy too; give it a listen). I thought that due to Bayonetta's previous ties with Sega, perhaps Sakurai could work something out with Sega to add a few tracks from other Sega games (Phantom R being among them) and have them play in Smash 4 (unlikely I know, but hey, it was a wish).

When I saw the Umbra Clock Tower stage, I was hoping that maybe the Phantom R track made it in. It just fits the atmosphere so well, especially since the track played in a similar event that happens in Phantom R and the Emperor's Treasure that I won't spoil (because I'm referring to late game events). Alas, we didn't get it. A shame too as this is the best possible way to give Phantom R some representation in Smash sine Phantom R as a possible fighter is quite unlikely.

And I saved the best for last: Pokemon music.

Part 8: Pokemon music
Where do I begin? Ah yes, I'll probably start with the music I wanted to hear before we had a glimpse of all of the tracks in OR/AS. When Kalos Pokemon League was first revealed as a stage, I really wanted to hear Champion Iris's theme on that stage. Something about that track seemed to fit in with this stage really well, and it became my most wanted generation 5 track for Smash. Ghetsis's theme from Black2/White2 and the generation 5 Elite Four theme were a close second, as both would be another set of cool tracks to listen to in Smash. We didn't get either track sadly, though I feel like the N's Castle Medley perfectly makes up for that.

Then OR/AS comes along and we get a full glimpse of that game's soundtracks. Good lord, with arguably one of the best soundtracks in any Pokemon game, there are so many tracks in those games that would be perfect for Smash 4:
and perhaps my top two favorites:
I think the reason why we didn't get any OR/AS tracks when Smash 4 first released was because the games came out the same day as Smash 4's release, though it's because of that I thought Sakurai could've considered adding a few OR/AS tracks to the Smash 4 Pokemon stages, as that would be a good way of advertising OR/AS and acknowledging all three games shared the same release date. Unfortunately, it never happened, but when DLC stages became a thing, my hopes were revived as DLC stages would be a great way to bring in music that we wished to see implemented but previously weren't. For me, I was hoping we'd get Cave of Origin as a stage, as it perfectly represents OR/AS and it's Smash song list would entirely compromise OR/AS tracks for sure. Spear Pillar was a runner up candidate, and I thought it too could have some fitting OR/AS tracks on that stage as well.

Sadly, we didn't get a single Pokemon DLC stage. A shame too, as it meant no Pokemon DLC music. Looking back, I would've love to hear Champion Steven's theme, Brendan/May's theme, Zinnia's theme, the Gym Leader theme on the Kalos Pokemon League, while I'd love to hear the Elite Four theme, Wally's theme, Primal Groudon/Kyrogre's theme, and Maxie/Archie's theme on the Pokemon Stadium 2 stage. They would've fit those stage so well.

With February's Smash 4 update, we're finally going to have DLC music added to non-DLC stages. While it's great that the FE:Fates main theme and the Coliseum stage are getting this treatment, it's a shame that they won't be doing this kind of addition with other non-DLC stages. Looking back, I think DLC stages shouldn't have been the only way to add more music tracks; there's just so many tracks that I wish to hear in Smash 4 that perhaps they could've done this Fates/Coliseum treatment back when DLC for Smash 4 first started. Ah well, it's a good thing Smash 4 already has a phenomenal soundtrack.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Little Girls theme from KI:U.
More FF.
More DKC:TF
Any Hyrule Warriors song...

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Cody's theme in Smash... That'll be the day.

Mario:
Nemesis King Bowser
Neo Bowser City
Bowser's Highway Showdown
Toad's Factory
The Ultimate Show
Super Paper Mario's whole soundtrack
Buoy Base Galaxy
The Final Antasma Battle

Zelda:
Ganondorf Battle (Ocarina of Time)
YuGanon Battle (Link Between Worlds)

Kirby:
C-R-O-W-N-E-D
Dirty & Beauty
Revenge of the Enemy
Vs. Meta Knight (Epic Yarn)
Under My Control

Pokémon:
Battle! Team Flare Boss Lysandre

Punch-Out!!:
Major Circuit Title Bout

Sonic:
Dr. Eggman Showdown
Solaris Phase 2
Perfect Dark Gaia Phase 2
Time Eater Battle

Mega Man:
Metal Man's Theme
Gemini Man's Theme
Pharaoh Man's Theme
Mr. X Stage
Proto Man's Castle
Thunder Tornado
Flash in the Dark
Abandoned Memory
No Turning Back

Street Fighter:
Guile's Theme (CPS2)
Theme of M. Bison (SFIV)
Sagat's Theme (any version)
Cody's Theme
Guy's Theme
Volcanic Rim

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
- Moonstruck Blossom
- any song from Tropical Freeze
- Xenoblade X music (particularly The key we've lost, Uncontrollable, Black Tar, Z29 Battle, Z37 Battle, CODENAME Z)
- more songs from F-Zero GX as I prefer that one's soundtrack to X's in general (choice tracks: Theme of Captain Falcon, Feel Our Pain, Paper Engine)
- Unfinished Battle from Xenoblade, plus the...ahem...final boss theme
- the music from Shadow Moses. Of course, Snake would have had to come back first...oh. :c
- couple more songs from Bayonetta and the sequel, incl. Fly Me to the Moon

I'll list more later as I remember

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Aside from a bunch of Final Fantasy songs that didn't make it, I'd want to hear this:

I understand that it isn't a theme song for Pokemon for people in Japan but for a lot of Western fans, this song IS Pokemon.

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Aqua's Song from the upcoming Fire Emblem Fates. Oh dear lord it is fantastic.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I wish the Mario Kart 64 End Credits or Rainbow Road music was in Mario Circuit (Wii U). It's my favorite song/theame of anything in the whole world.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Final Fantasy VII... I am not sure there is any series in gaming history more known for it's music than final fantasy. They have (or at least had) full on orchestras traveling the world performing those songs...

Enter Cloud: REALLY THIS IS EPIC I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

Enter Midgar: Interesting stage concept... if nothing else the omega version should have cool music.

enter Music: 2 freaking songs... really? FF is certainly more known for great music than Mario, Zelda, etc. (though both have some great songs.) I shouldn't... but I feel wronged by this..

Bombing Mission: Background Music from the first level... that moment you first get immersed in the world.

My personal favorite in the game... the place where you discover much of the world's lore... home town of a major character... and all around amazing song that would be great background music for a fighting game.

Major Boss fight... Major Piece of the story

Though not the best fighting game background music... arguably the most iconic song. At least with me... this takes on a life of it's own thanks to her part in the story.

Last edited:

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
Dark Pit from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

It's the only version of it that I like. It's on the 3DS version as a listenable tune. You might be able to play it on Smash Run. I'm not sure.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Aside from a bunch of Final Fantasy songs that didn't make it, I'd want to hear this:

I understand that it isn't a theme song for Pokemon for people in Japan but for a lot of Western fans, this song IS Pokemon.
Considering the dud Pokemon is Goldeen... a reference to an early episode in the anime... instead of Magikarp.. which would be the proper game reference... This idea isn't at all Farfetch'd. (Pun originally not intended... but edition to make it better rearguards). I have always thought Magikarp would be much better in that role than Goldeen...

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
The lack of tracks for Midgar was disgustingly disappointing for me.

I was hoping for at the very least, One-Winged Angel. Not to say that Let the Battles Begin! and Fight On! are bad songs but they're most certainly the least exciting battle tracks from VII imo

I wanted:
- One-Winged Angel
- J-E-N-O-V-A
- Birth of a God
- Under the Rotting Pizza
- Anxious Heart
- Main Theme of FFVII

and other stuff but I guess that'd be asking for too much. Didn't think they could do FF any worse than SF haha

It would've been cool if Bamco showed their biggest RPG franchise (Tales of) some love via music and even trophies too, so much for being a co-developer :p

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Carrill Carrill If I had to guess what the most requested song for Smash Bros. is, it'd probably be that. China and Korea are the only countries aside from Japan that don't use that opening.

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2

(We all know this should have been in Smash 4)

Seriously, WHY THE HELL WASN'T THIS IN!?

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
The Melee Battlefield theme and the MGS4 Theme of Love ~SSBB version~. We were totally screwed over with Street Fighter music, Mega Man music, Donkey Kong music, Sonic music and Pac Man music. With Final Fantasy, we only got 2 tracks, but they were 2 good tracks. Also the fact that the Fourside song still isn't back bothers me.

Dark Pit from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

It's the only version of it that I like. It's on the 3DS version as a listenable tune. You might be able to play it on Smash Run. I'm not sure.
I wish calmer songs like this were available as menu themes. There should be a menu theme option for every series.

Last edited by a moderator:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Some of my favorites that didn't get in:

-Throwback Galaxy [https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GlU-oBPiOJs]
-Don't you put any stock in this destiny hogwash! [https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O94NI5ZLTy0]
-Enter: Bowser Jr.! [https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zvXtZZfK_PM]
-Eclipse of the Sun [https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_skX8a3fwec]
-Macho Grubba Battle [https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VhCSbw-HHBc]
-Cybersheep's Dream (Sheep Man Stage) [https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K-yGfBo9_Ao]
-Pac-Man Collection Menu Theme (I can't find it anywhereeeee)

Also, yeah. Guile's Theme and literally anything from Final Fantasy would've been cool.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Nuff said.
Good news, that track is already in Smash 4! It appears on the Mario Galaxy stage under the name "Fated Battle".

Changing the subject, another song that crossed my mind that I wish we had in Smash 4:

Only the Japanese copies of Smash WiiU have this version of Ashley's theme. Ever since I first listened to all of it, I've been wishing that this track made it in the international versions; it's been growing on me as of late, probably because it sounds closer to the original Ashley theme from the WarioWare games, but better. It'd be really cool to hear an English dub of this version.

Top Bottom