• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

any smashers in SD?

Chichiro864

Smash Cadet
I think I'm the only person here who lives in SD.... I want to start a Smash squad, but I can't because nearly everone I know either sucks, or doesn't play SSBM.

VenomousNinja

Smash Rookie
I live in SD! Hill City in fact, and depending on what charecters the swaud will use, I might join!

flushpuppy

Smash Rookie
i live in rapid city SD, what part of SD are you from chichiro?--i know at least 5 people who play smash...one of my friends and i are going to probably host a tournament later this year, if you are close by you should come

squirrelplusone

Smash Rookie
I and my roommate are at augustana college in sioux falls...we have a smash club we just started with about 18 people...5 of which are good.

Echo

Smash Champion
Hey to anyone thats around Sioux Falls - I believe that you'd be less than 3 hours away from Omaha here in NE. You guys should consider coming down sometime, we play pretty oftenly and have quite an amount of players. I'm pretty good and I'm sure it'd be definetely be worth the trip for you guys, if you're looking for other skilled players to play with.

theres actually a tournament going on in January that should be pretty good sized, but other than that we get together and play almost every weekend if you'd ever be interested in a smashfest or something. The tournament should be really good and have great competition, including Darkrain which I'm sure you've heard of, and then some other really good players such as Phatgamer, dmac, dyc, Z, myself, smeesh, etc, well there'd be a whole bunch but thats not the point. I don't know how any of you feel about driving that far, or if you are even able to drive... but it'd be cool, i've always wondered if people from SD even play but no one has really ever said anything lol. I tried to look up some other places mentioned like Rapid City and Hill City, but those are pretty far =/ so I guess i'll just check back tomorrow, maybe if anyones interested you can just drop a post in our Nebraska thread, its pretty random but thats where most of our discussion happens :p

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Old thread but maybe someone still checks it...

My friends and i go to school at South Dakota State University in Brookings, SD and we love to smash... can't wait to brawl.

Send my a message if anyone wants to get anything started around our area... Sioux Falls counts in the area too.

PS. Squirrel ... if you still check the boards... check you messages.

Echo

Smash Champion
Sioux Falls isnt actually all that far, so if theres a crew from there that would be awesome. I believe its just a bit further from us than Des Moines is, probably like a 2 and 1/2 hour drive or somethin. If there were actually some players around, you guys could come get included in our thread... I already annexed Iowa since we play with them enough lol. but yeah you guys should definetely get in touch, if not just for playing than atleast for a tournament. or pass on some wii codes, etc...

also, my brother is moving to Sioux Falls in the next few months or so to take up a job... which is pretty cool, cuz I plan on visiting him every so often.

Zicore

Smash Champion
wait...wait...WAIT...there are people who live in the Dakotas? When did this happen?

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Don't know about a crew from my group... only have three competitive players.

If a tournament gets set up.. let me know and i will see if i can get some guys together to head on to wherever.

Wii codes are a for sure when brawl actually gets released... don't expect us online right away though... wanna make sure we have our characters and moves set before we do any brawling with random community.

squirrelplusone

Smash Rookie
Hey, I do still exist...I'm trying to see what kind of interest there would be here on campus and see exactly who we all have for competitive players. I'm here at augustana college in Sioux Falls, I know for sure there are two of us who are interested in trying the competitive scene outside of augustana. I will try to pay more attention to this topic...smashboards really is fussy with me for some reason. When is that Omaha tourney? That sounds like a blast, and if it works date wise we will be down there. Thanks.

Top Bottom