• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Smash 4 Players on the Big Island of Hawaii?

thomas4america

Smash Cadet
I never see any posts about the Big Island as there isn't much competitive smash (if at all) here. I know a good number of people who are interested in the game competitvely and would like to see a scene develop here. Next sunday, the 30th, there will be a smash 4 event at the 4 Pillars Card Shop. The tournament and prize pool will be dependant on how many people show. If you'd like directions or more information, please ask!!

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Yeah, there are pockets of Smash players scattered around the Big Island, but we're here. Welcome to the forums!

I can say with certainty that Smash is a thing on Hilo-side, considering the number of players I know at UHH. That being said, only about half of them are really competitive about it, if even. From what I heard, the tournament in Pahoa last year had a fairly decent turnout.

Hope you have success over on Kona-side. Seemed like there's some good interest, judging by the number of entrants at 4PGC. Just seems like Smash in general isn't highly connected on the Big Island... As far as next Sunday, I hope to go, but we'll see what...
Calc II
Computational Physics
Computer Organization and Assembly Language
Archaeology
and Data Structures
... allow me to do next weekend. :p

I'll sharpen up my skills in the cafeteria if possible this week in preparation. :)

Phungi

Smash Cadet
NNID
bigfork24
Hey man, this tourney could look real good if you bring a couple of your UH hilo guys over here to play next sunday.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Well, I tried asking my friends if they were interested in going. Seems like at least one is very likely to go, perhaps another as well, but generally the feeling is that it's a long distance away, even if it is tempting. So, who knows, but I can only hope for the best.

As for me, it looks rather likely that I should be able to go. :D Can't make any promises though.

As to how much time I actually have to practice Smash... eheheheh. :p Oh well.

Phungi

Smash Cadet
NNID
bigfork24
YOU neeeeeeeed to come man. we just had a smash friendlies day yestarday. it was some of the most fun ive had in a long time. And ummmm, is your name christopher nelson? i just looked at my bracket and looked at pics of the tourney, we talked a bit after the tourney right? the scene is looking good man. hope you have practiced your robin homie.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Haha, trust me, things are looking good about coming. And friendlies are always fun. Got some friendlies in on Tuesday with some friends with my Shulk and Robin, so that's good. Keeping trying to use some advanced techs against CPUs as well, but that only goes so far. Yup, that's my name, though just "Chris" is fine. :) And you're right, we did talk, glad you remember! I've been trying to keep some modicum of practice, so hope you're doing the same!

Top Bottom