• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Smash 4 Players in the Arlington/Alexandria/Fairfax, VA area?

Kerthorok

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kerthorok
I'm wondering if there are any players in NoVA near Arlington that are interested in having Smash 4 meetups, or if there are any pre-existing meetups in the area that are looking to expand. Thanks for reading.

Princess Titania

Smash Rookie
Ooh ooh! Pick me! I live in Fairfax and would love to do something like this regularly. I've been Smashing since I was a little girl, but just picked up Smash 4 about a week ago. I've been practicing hard and going out to tournaments for it, but it's hard to improve maximally fast without a regular group to play casuals with. So sign me up!

Last edited:

Kerthorok

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kerthorok
I would host, but I don't have a Wii U, only a 3DS. But you're a start to making a group at least. I'm actually planning on going to Woodbridge this Sunday to play some friendlies with a group of Smashers that meet up every week.

fryshock

Smash Rookie
I'm moving to Fairfax in about a week. I'm down to play some casuals. If anyone is up for it in the future maybe we can start doing weekly tournaments. Since there seems to be none around the area except for manssas and Baltimore

Kerthorok

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kerthorok
I'd definitely like to do that. Really the only problem is building a group and finding a good place to host. But I'm up for any suggestions.

TheChampionHardy

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChampionN
I'd definitely like to do that. Really the only problem is building a group and finding a good place to host. But I'm up for any suggestions.
Edit: Wow. I replied to the wrong post of yours. I meant to reply to the Woodbridge meet one (regarding Flashback Games).

Actually, I was there this past Sunday and a couple of people said they weren't gonna come this time due to Super Smash Con. However, Mark, the owner of the store, has a main setup. I can bring an adapter (Mayflash, although it has no lag as far as I've noticed.) if you're still planning on coming.

Last edited:

Kerthorok

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kerthorok
Yeah, I'm not going to Smashcon. I'll definitely go to Woodbridge on Sunday if a few people show up.

Last edited:

Kerthorok

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kerthorok
Yeah, the Woodbridge meetup place is Flashback Comics. Here's the address: 3062 Ps Business Center Dr, Woodbridge, VA 22192. We just play friendlies so I don't think it matters what controller you use. There might not be many people there this week because of Smashcon, but I'll be there. We might need an adapter if you have one.

BlueMenace

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrZwij
Yeah, the Woodbridge meetup place is Flashback Comics. Here's the address: 3062 Ps Business Center Dr, Woodbridge, VA 22192. We just play friendlies so I don't think it matters what controller you use. There might not be many people there this week because of Smashcon, but I'll be there. We might need an adapter if you have one.
I have one that might work... All my controllers have the same problem, so I don't know if it's a problem with the adapter or controller. Someone else should bring one just in case. Also this is tomorrow right?
P.S. I'm pretty young, 13 years and my brother is 15 years old

Last edited:

BlueMenace

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrZwij
One more question, who is bringing the wii u? And would we have to sync our gamepad or would you bring it? (Idiotic question but just making sure) AND what time is it going to be at? So many questions sorry.

Last edited:

Kerthorok

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kerthorok
It's all cool, man. The place has its own Wii U setup, so I'm assuming that they have a gamepad. You can bring yours just in case if you want. But yeah, it's tomorrow from 12:00-5:30 PM. There's also a $4 table fee, so be ready to pay that. Also, we have a Facebook group where we have most of our communication. You can join it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/717646978345672/

Kerthorok

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kerthorok
Edit: Wow. I replied to the wrong post of yours. I meant to reply to the Woodbridge meet one (regarding Flashback Games).

Actually, I was there this past Sunday and a couple of people said they weren't gonna come this time due to Super Smash Con. However, Mark, the owner of the store, has a main setup. I can bring an adapter (Mayflash, although it has no lag as far as I've noticed.) if you're still planning on coming.
Yeah I'll be there tomorrow. If you want to come and have an adapter you can bring, that would be great.

BlueMenace

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrZwij
This sounds great! May not be there the whole time but hopefully it works out. $4 table fee is fine. This is my first time playing smash any other place than my house so awesome! See you then hopefully. I need to train ;)

Melo VII

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone!

My brothers and I live in the Alexandria area and we usually play on weekends, especially when our youngest brother comes back to town. There's a total of three of us heh.

We've been talking about looking for others to fight for fun or even tourneys if can gather enough people. We've been playing since the nintendo 64 days and of course we love it.

We can host no problem. We have a Wii U with 55 inch samsung tv and we have two Nintendo Gamecube controller adapters.

We have 5 gamecube controllers, so more could be used, especially for a crazy 8 man match! lol

If theres interest just let me know. Thanks.

Unfortunately no one under 18 years old please.

Melo VII

BlueMenace

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrZwij
Hey everyone!

My brothers and I live in the Alexandria area and we usually play on weekends, especially when our youngest brother comes back to town. There's a total of three of us heh.

We've been talking about looking for others to fight for fun or even tourneys if can gather enough people. We've been playing since the nintendo 64 days and of course we love it.

We can host no problem. We have a Wii U with 55 inch samsung tv and we have two Nintendo Gamecube controller adapters.

We have 5 gamecube controllers, so more could be used, especially for a crazy 8 man match! lol

Melo VII
Why not?

Melo VII

Smash Rookie
Sorry, :/

Its just that we're all over 20 and we wouldn't want to make an individual or anyone's parents uncomfortable with that fact.

Considering it will take place at my brothers place, he feel its best that we implement it.

We know there are great players under 18 and we know you all are awesome all together but we have to stand by the decision. I hope you understand.

Thank you and sorry once again

Last edited:

Princess Titania

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone!

Melo VII
If you decide to do this, count me in! I'm over 18 and would love an extra group to practice with.

Kerthorok

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kerthorok
Sorry, :/

Its just that we're all over 20 and we wouldn't want to make an individual or anyone's parents uncomfortable with that fact.

Considering it will take place at my brothers place, he feel its best that we implement it.

We know there are great players under 18 and we know you all are awesome all together but we have to stand by the decision. I hope you understand.

Thank you and sorry once again
Yeah, I'd be interested as well. Alexandria would certainly be very convenient for me. I'd love to talk more details.

Melo VII

Smash Rookie
Awesome. I'll definitely keep you posted on a time and date we can set this up.

Asingjr

Smash Rookie
I haven't play smash four but would try. Me and my friend are looking for smashers. Mainly me lee players but would love to meet more smashers in general. Any ideas or links to previous threads for ssbm mainly. Haven't been on this in years. But trying to get back into it!

Thx

MeloVII

Smash Rookie
Hey sorry all. Family accident caused a major hold on everything. No longer able to have larger turn outs but if interested a few people can gather in Alexandria VA for some melee matches. For practice or fun. Personally trying to get better myself. Same age restrictions unfortunately.

Melee this time around due to its competive level. Heh. Hosting with Wii and four GameCube controllers. Message or comment here if interested. Sorry for the delay to those who responded before

TheChampionHardy

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChampionN
Hey guys! Just curious, anyone in the thread go to NoVa Knockout, and if so, how is it?

TheChampionHardy

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChampionN
Oh, and I've never been to NoVa Knockout before, and I haven't heard anything from their Twitter, so I'm not sure if they're active.

Top Bottom