• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any reason to not use rapid jab?

MegaFatcat100

Smash Cadet
Seems to me to be very good, and it does more damage than the triple hit one. So... any thoughts?

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
At low percents you're right. But at higher percents its easier for them to mash and SDI out of the rapid jab. If you've noticed that they are able to, you might want to switch to the regular jab, or try for a Jab cancel Dtilt/Grab/Instapin

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

1) It's ugly and makes you look like a n00b
2) While it does do more damage, it doesn't allow for potential follow-ups

I like to do Jab 1 or 2 and try to see my opponents reaction. I usually have them Shield and I can net a grab or sometimes even combo to Insta Pin when they get popped up.

Arrei

Smash Lord
It seems less that there's a reason to not use it, and more that there isn't really a particularly strong reason to use it - Corrin has stronger options at all or almost all percents. At low percent Dtilt will string into combos with the same startup as Jab1, then falling aerials take over, and at all percents Instant Pin is a stronger punish, albeit a bit slower. Ordinarily a quick disjoint would be good for spacing, but again Corrin has Dtilt for that and they don't really want their opponent in that position on the ground either. Its only real benefit is its safety against spotdodges with the following jab hits, which can be valuable, but still won't net you very much. Every percent still counts, of course.

Last edited:

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
Opponents will drop shield to counter attack Corrin's third hit frequently. Mixups with only using two hits then reading their reaction and using the rapidjab are absolutely necessary. The rapidjab is particularly great at punishing those that drop their shield early after this move.

Rapidjab on platforms and stage edge is ridiculously powerful though. On par with Metaknight's ability to trap people. And it covers 100% of ledge getup options. It's just frustratingly difficult to start the rapidjab without getting hits on an opponent to use it like that.

Flawlessh

Smash Cadet
im pretty sure the "triple" hit jab ko's at around ~150 while the rapid jab ko's much later. sure they both ko super late but the 3hit jab will give us a better opportunity to edgeguard over the rapid jab.

hell-dew

Smash Apprentice
Third hit has a really bit hitbox outwards to i space it all the time on people and catch them off guard on whiffs. good mixup/mindgame

Top Bottom