• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Nintendo games give you seizures?

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
I think in the Nintendo health and safety precautions booklet, it warns that 1 in 4000 persons will have a seizure from playing video games. even if they never had a seizure before.
yeah, there's a whole section in there dedicated to reducing your risk of a seizure.

Edit,

That booklet comes with every game you buy.

-Big_-Blue 9

Smash Journeyman
Conkers Bad Fur Day
I LOVED that game.
I was playing one day and I ate a Hershey's Symphony Bar and for some reason I was unable to see
until the following morning
It was crazy.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
The first Spider Man (The Movie) game.

DEAR GOD, THOSE FLASH BOMBS. They normally aren't so bad, but DEAR GOD, EVERY ENEMY AND THEIR DOG SPAMS THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF THEM. It's especially bad during the Green Goblin fight.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
It sent 685 Japanese kids to the hospital. It's banned the world-over.
Well, some people don't get it, including me. I can see why they had seizures, but I'm not one of them :/ Lucky me?
Btw, I never had a seizure, but some of my friends did, they started crying during a game of Mario Kart 64. I had the N64 on for hours, that might have been the reason xD I was the only one not in the least affected, but my friends had to go home.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
That video also has a really low framerate, so the lights aren't flashing as much as it probably did when it was aired. Some people are just more genetically inclined to have seizures.

I've never had a seizure, ever, but I have a friend who had a serious epileptic seizure from playing Yoshi's Story for the 64 when she was young (when it first came out).

hectichobo

Smash Ace
i played a pokemon game on my gameboy for about 6 hours and i started twitching like crazy and i got all dizy, so i guess i almost had one from pokemon?

Top Bottom