• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Any news about Sm4sh Mods for firmware 5.5.2?

prettynice

Smash Apprentice
For those of you who were forced to update to 5.5.2, the demise of your mods began, especially if you didn't already have Haxchi, which exploits the DS Virtual Console (which, if I'm not mistaken, you have to pay for) to run your mods. Now, there's been some speculation that the Crunchyroll app will be used as an alternative to Loadiine, the main access gate that runs your mods. It's been a few weeks, and I haven't heard anything new, no developments, nothing. So, maybe I'm missing something. I'm wondering if anyone has any news about the future of Sm4sh modding, and such? If not, do you think there will be any other way to load mods, aside from the ones mentioned? Any ideas?

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
For those of you who were forced to update to 5.5.2, the demise of your mods began, especially if you didn't already have Haxchi, which exploits the DS Virtual Console (which, if I'm not mistaken, you have to pay for) to run your mods. Now, there's been some speculation that the Crunchyroll app will be used as an alternative to Loadiine, the main access gate that runs your mods. It's been a few weeks, and I haven't heard anything new, no developments, nothing. So, maybe I'm missing something. I'm wondering if anyone has any news about the future of Sm4sh modding, and such? If not, do you think there will be any other way to load mods, aside from the ones mentioned? Any ideas?
There is a new working exploit, but from what I heard, the success rate is still low. https://gbatemp.net/threads/webhack-on-5-5-2.480938/

Ad3n

Smash Rookie
I have a way to do it that works 100%. I'll tell you the vids and what to do if you want more info.

Captain F

Smash Rookie
Wait, does this jeopardize all the mods that are currently installed? Sadly, I haven't been able to install mods into my Smash 4 yet as it is more tricky to do than Project M, but I wish to start. If what you say is true, then I will have to postpone my plans for it and wait til a more reliant way comes around.

Ad3n

Smash Rookie
Wait, does this jeopardize all the mods that are currently installed? Sadly, I haven't been able to install mods into my Smash 4 yet as it is more tricky to do than Project M, but I wish to start. If what you say is true, then I will have to postpone my plans for it and wait til a more reliant way comes around.
There's a way that is easyish that works around 90-100% of the time

Top Bottom