• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any matchups that yoshi fares better than spacies ?

FoxeR

Smash Cadet
Im really really looking for a good excuse to dump a bunch of time into yoshi but as a fox main would it be worth ? Im gonna play some side yoshi regardless but if there was a match up that yoshi does even slightly better than Fox it would give me a great excuse to have just in case I needed it.

Icyo

Smash Ace
I saw you post this on reddit too haha. Supposedly he fares well against Marth and IC's.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
If there was any high tier matchup that I'd say would be easier for Yoshi than a spacie it would be Ice Climbers. Yoshi's Egg Lay (Neutral B) is one of the best tools in the game for separating Popo and Nana since it's ranged, can't be shielded, and leaves one of the climbers helpless for a short time. On top of that, Yoshi also has D-tilt and D-smash for separating them and F-air for killing Nana when she's offstage. If Yoshi jumps offstage at a low percent to kill Nana he doesn't have to worry about getting gimped from Popo since his super armor will muscle through whatever is thrown at him.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
If there was any high tier matchup that I'd say would be easier for Yoshi than a spacie it would be Ice Climbers. Yoshi's Egg Lay (Neutral B) is one of the best tools in the game for separating Popo and Nana since it's ranged, can't be shielded, and leaves one of the climbers helpless for a short time. On top of that, Yoshi also has D-tilt and D-smash for separating them and F-air for killing Nana when she's offstage. If Yoshi jumps offstage at a low percent to kill Nana he doesn't have to worry about getting gimped from Popo since his super armor will muscle through whatever is thrown at him.
Yea i def agree with the IC's Matchup. Believe it or not i'm debating on if the matchup for Yoshi/Puff is better then the spacies to. especially with the egg camping that yoshi has.

FoxeR

Smash Cadet
the more I play with Yoshi the more I love him hes just so fun to play

what is the yoshi tech to learn after edge canceled eggs and reverse edge cancel eggs ?

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
the more I play with Yoshi the more I love him hes just so fun to play

what is the yoshi tech to learn after edge canceled eggs and reverse edge cancel eggs ?
Wavelands/Platform movement and Parries. Those 3 are essential tools towards yoshi movement.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Yoshi definitely doesn't do better vs Puff than Fox does, but Yoshi-Puff is not really a bad matchup for Yoshi either.

Noyu

Smash Cadet
If any in the entire game, it would be ice climbers. However fox's shine works just fine as long as you know the matchup and what to do. We haven't seen icies who play against yoshi having the matchup knowledge, in my opinion. I feel in the end fox comes out on top but yoshi would be good for gimmicking an ice climbers player, not to say you have to gimmick with yoshi.

birthgirth

Smash Rookie
The more I play against marth, the easier it feels with super armor through attacks. Same with IC's as long as I don't blow it on L-Cancels.

Top Bottom