• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any issues long term with the 3rd party adapter?

pennyjpie

Smash Rookie
NNID
jazuren
3DS FC
1349-5387-4489
Hi guys! I'm new here and stuff, so I hope I'm posting this in the right spot..(at least new to the forums and such)

Anyway, I was interesting in getting the Mayflash Gamecube controller adapter. I've heard good things about it so far as an alternative to the original, but I'm still a bit iffy. I was wondering if it still holds up to use even months after being used? I'm just afraid of using my money on something that will stop working after 2 weeks.

Have any of you ever had any problems after long term use of this adapter? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:

blinkingpigs

Smash Rookie
i've had it for about 24 days and it's still working fine for me. only downside is that the controller can slip out of the adapter if you don't give the cords enough slack

Charey

Smash Apprentice
I've had one at the weeklys I go to since the WiiU version launched and so far it has mostly held up. I cannot tell the difference in game between it and a Nintendo adapter.

But in the last couple of weeks it's had a few issues of randomly not receiving inputs correctly, like it is working fine then mid match your character goes in the opposite direction of the stick, it happened to two people at the same time during a doubles event.

I'm not sure if it's a temporary thing or if it's a sign of it starting to break (It's not mine so I can't test it), if something changes I will post it here.

pennyjpie

Smash Rookie
NNID
jazuren
3DS FC
1349-5387-4489
i've had it for about 24 days and it's still working fine for me. only downside is that the controller can slip out of the adapter if you don't give the cords enough slack
Noted, I'll keep that in mind thanks. :)

I've had one at the weeklys I go to since the WiiU version launched and so far it has mostly held up. I cannot tell the difference in game between it and a Nintendo adapter.

But in the last couple of weeks it's had a few issues of randomly not receiving inputs correctly, like it is working fine then mid match your character goes in the opposite direction of the stick, it happened to two people at the same time during a doubles event.

I'm not sure if it's a temporary thing or if it's a sign of it starting to break (It's not mine so I can't test it), if something changes I will post it here.
Right right, well that's almost a year or so if that's true...if it does last that long and starts to wear out, maybe I could just see about investing in an official one someday.

If you could ever find out more for me, that'd be awesome. Thanks! ^^

Top Bottom