• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any interest in a WSU/eastern WA tourney???

Kyldare

Smash Apprentice
Hey there. I know that there is already an Eastern WA type thread thing going on already, but I thought this might get more attention. So basically, I just wanted to know how many people I could count on attending if I hosted a tourney at WSU (it would be Brawl by the way.) I was thinking about hosting it in late March or early April in one of the tech buildings/whatever room I could get on campus at WSU. I know there are some Smashers in the area, and I would be pretty stoked if some of the members in the Spokane or Tri-cities areas and anyone in between would be able to show up. PM me with any thoughts or suggestions (like if we want to do money, how we want to run it, or whatever), or just reply to this thread. Anyways, I really want this to happen, so the more interest, the more likely this will go down. Cheers.

Kyldare

Smash Apprentice
no problem.

and you do understand people travel to tournaments, right? lol.
Yes I do. However, I think I would also be correct in assuming that not many people from SoCal would be willing to take a trip to Eastern Washington for a brawl tourney. You already have one of the biggest smash scenes in the nation right in your back yard. Not only would the competition probably be at a lower level than you are used to, but it would also come down to economic feasability. However. if you would like to shell out hundreds for a plane ticket, or spend over 10 hours (probably way more) driving to Pullman, then please, be my guest. You would be a welcomed addition to the tournament if you so chose to attend. If you paid attention to my original thread though, I was mainly addressing the Eastern WA community as I didn't expect anyone from the outside area to attend.

Kyldare

Smash Apprentice
As a side note, it would be a 1113.95 mile journey by car from Burbank(818) to Pullman(509). It would take approximately 18 hours and 33 minutes. Thats why I am counting the SoCal people out!

TrueJamo

Smash Apprentice
pretty sure western washington would be up for it. brawl is brawl and to pwn you must play!

so i know atleast me and eggz would attend. wherever i go he goes lol.

Kyldare

Smash Apprentice
pretty sure western washington would be up for it. brawl is brawl and to pwn you must play!

so i know atleast me and eggz would attend. wherever i go he goes lol.
Awesome. I wasnt sure how far people would be willing to travel, but this is great! If you can get some people to come, I'm sure this will be amazing! I was born in Everett by the way, and lived in Marysville for 10 years. I went to Allen Creek Elementary.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
lol you don't have the upper hand on anything, you just stated how ignorant you are. you made it seem as if nobody would travel for a tournament, while many people would. Perhaps your tournament isn't going to reach that level, but i wouldn't be surprised to see oos.

artifice

Smash Ace
if the rules wurnt to jaded you can count Spokane in for at least a car full of smashers proly. a good pot would be nice

Kyldare

Smash Apprentice
lol you don't have the upper hand on anything, you just stated how ignorant you are. you made it seem as if nobody would travel for a tournament, while many people would. Perhaps your tournament isn't going to reach that level, but i wouldn't be surprised to see oos.
I neither showed ignorance nor tried to prove I had the "upper hand." I'm just trying to joke around man! Chill...:p However, I wasn't counting out any out of state players (especially since Pullman is 8 miles away from the Idaho borders). In fact, I think it was you that said there was no interest, in fact "none at all." You kind of attacked my post, so sorry if I feel the need to go on the defensive. I was merely trying to see if there would be enough people in the area (mainly WA as it were) willing to come to a tourney. Thats it. Thats all. In my mind, it wouldn't be worth it for me to travel 18 hours to go to a Smash tourney in SoCal. I am sure it would be a great experience, but it just isn't worth it to me. Based on that premise, I was not expecting anyone from SoCal, or anyone from Cali for that matter. Just trying to gauge interest. My bad...

Deva

Smash Lord
Maybe, you should just come up to Spokane for our Brawl tournaments, we have like 5 copies of the game available to use. Also, consider a melee tournament so RC shows up. Pretty sure he's living down there at WSU with you so PM him and get in touch, he could probably show you a thing or two about Smash if you want to learn.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
I have a few people over here at WSU who would be interested in a tournament depending on where it would be held. You go there Kyldare?

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Depends on what day you're considering whether or not there is already a tournament or something going on. I would try to show up though.

Top Bottom