• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any good Ness/Lucas Combos you guys know?

shingcacink

Smash Rookie
Hello, I am a fellow Ness/Lucas main, I am only 2 months into smash 4 and I can play Lucas and Ness okay. Besides, the only smash game I have is Smash 4, I sometimes play Smash 64 on a emulator, but thats laggy.
Yes, I use emulators. :(
So any of you know some good combos/strategies with these guys? A combo I know for ness is Dthrow > Fair > Fair, but that combo is bad..
A combo I know for Lucas is Dtilt x2 > Utilt > Utilt > Nair, but those are the only OKAY combos I know.. Can you teach me your ways?

shingcacink

Smash Rookie
Sorry for posting this on the wrong thread.. I just realized that I used smash for switch, not 3ds.

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
There is already a similar thread like this in either the Ness or Lucas forums. If you have not heard of it, smashcords is a great place to start. They have servers for the Ness and Lucas and it is currently where a lot smash 4 discussion is as you can see that a good amount of the smash 4 character forums are rarely active.
If notable players of these characters interest you like, Mekos and S1, they and many others are there. They will be happy to answer your questions.

(scroll down the page to find the Ness and Lucas invite links on the right side of the page)
https://smashcords.com/smash-4/

As for Lucas, I can say that your Lucas combo you shared is not true at all. The opponent can easily SDI/DI out of it and it has little hitstun, further more it can be shielded or interrupted with an attack and punished.

shingcacink

Smash Rookie
I joined the Lucas discord (Nowhere Island) and It always says you don't have permission to chat, why though? Everyone else seems like they are able too..

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
You need to read the rules and then find the flair channel. You cannot speak if you have not been flaired, or there may be rule preventing you from talking for a few mins, tag a mod or send one a DM for help.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Hello, I am a fellow Ness/Lucas main, I am only 2 months into smash 4 and I can play Lucas and Ness okay. Besides, the only smash game I have is Smash 4, I sometimes play Smash 64 on a emulator, but thats laggy.
Yes, I use emulators. :(
So any of you know some good combos/strategies with these guys? A combo I know for ness is Dthrow > Fair > Fair, but that combo is bad..
A combo I know for Lucas is Dtilt x2 > Utilt > Utilt > Nair, but those are the only OKAY combos I know.. Can you teach me your ways?
While Ness doesnt have any true combos, there are some combos that can do heavy damage to the foes.

If you want to learn more about Ness besides Discord, here is a video made by Izaw that explains Ness neutral, combos, and techniques. This video will help you alot.

Also we can battle online if you have a 3ds or something. You wanna battle someday?

shingcacink

Smash Rookie
While Ness doesnt have any true combos, there are some combos that can do heavy damage to the foes.

If you want to learn more about Ness besides Discord, here is a video made by Izaw that explains Ness neutral, combos, and techniques. This video will help you alot.

Also we can battle online if you have a 3ds or something. You wanna battle someday?
Thanks for the help! I honestly think that being a Ness main, Ness has a lot of potential. Also, My 3DS screen recently broke (the top one), so I won't be able to play for a while.

Lyf3IsStrang3

Smash Rookie
At higher Percents even though this isn't a true combo
dash attack -> Uair -> Pk thunder self luanch ( Kills At 60% to 90%)
Short jump -> Fair -> Bair
you have to hit them with the fair late so there is no knock back and then when your passed them bair
dair -> Utilt -> Uair ( 80% above)
All made by yours truly (me)

Last edited:
Top Bottom