• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

any good jigs combos/rest kill/advanced techniques?

therestofus

Smash Rookie
so knowing most of the things I have for jiggs, I have found many combos and such, but do you know any, others that can assist are jiggly main?
well I may not have enough topic to post vids but do you know any???
:4jigglypuff:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Hmmmm I guess there is a couple of thread that could potentially answer all of these questions.

Notably the competitive and metagame thread, or even the current match-up thread. The MU thread could be a good example of figuring out Jiggs common strengh since certain combo strings couldn't work on certain characters and such.

But just for the sake of curiosity, what have you found so far?
Because as long as you know what Jigglypuff is good at, you shouldn't really have alot of problems.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I'm sort of working on a video for a few general AT's for Jigglypuff at this point, but I need to sort of develop them a bit further before I can give information on when it works all the time and when it's just a read, or luck. Keep an eye out for that, it'll be really big stuff.

So although I can't detail when it's best to be used, you can do something I like to call a Dash Rest. By Dashing then immediately jumping and resting, you move a great deal forward and leap straight up. Because rest lasts multiple frames, it sort of creates a pillar of a rest hitbox, allowing you to both punish someone in front of you and allowing you a lethal anti-air option. The timing is identical to what would be a jump-canceled rest, if the game allowed it such at thing to happy. Exact usage is being studied, but I'm sure you can get some good rests in at the meantime.

Other AT's for Jiggs that have been covered (by others):

Dair>rest combo you can land at ~20-40%
Resting through opponent's jabs

There's a video for these two, though I forget where the thread is that features it.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
This might've been posted somewhere in another thread, but here's a footstool to Rest setup.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Oh hey don't forget Jigglypuff's perfect pivot.
You're gonna need it alot.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I've heard her perfect pivot covers the least distance out of every character, so is it still useful? Would you be able to give an example on when it would be used, as I know it's sort of got this infinite potential, but I haven't heard any concrete examples yet

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Perfect pivot to sliding uptilt has been the only big use I've ever figured would happen, but I'm waiting to be shown wrong. I'm sure it can be used for ground positioning somewhat but I haven't seen any Jiggs using it.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Perfect pivot to sliding uptilt has been the only big use I've ever figured would happen, but I'm waiting to be shown wrong. I'm sure it can be used for ground positioning somewhat but I haven't seen any Jiggs using it.

Cool, thanks for letting me know. Is the "sliding" of the sliding uptilt from the perfect pivot or something else? Actually, I've seen absolutely no one using it in the Ottawa scene. It's one of those things that people are still trying to work in to their game, I think

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it's from the pivot. Most characters have at least one attack that can keep some momentum from the slide, but it's generally a retreating slide that you would use to attack plus space to get out of e.g. grab range. But since uptilt's hitbox is behind you anyway you can use the slide to extend the hitbox. I know I find it difficult to land uptilts in neutral because if you're facing forwards you basically can't hit and if you're facing backwards you can't do a grounded approach at all. This makes it possible to face whereever and do short-range approaches with a really useful move. I think it has potential.

The downside is that of course it's difficult to execute, and if you mess it up you dash attack forwards, which is an easy punish on shield.

Last edited:

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
No duh it's super bad, that's why they asked if it was useful for anything, never mind your joke. I'm saying there's potential to give a movement option to an otherwise great move that has limited range, doesn't move anywhere and has pretty much no spacing options into it. Even if it barely moves you anywhere it's still worth it, and it's only maybe four frames on top of the nine startup.

Last edited:

Yoroi

Smash Rookie
No duh it's super bad, that's why they asked if it was useful for anything, never mind your joke. I'm saying there's potential to give a movement option to an otherwise great move that has limited range, doesn't move anywhere and has pretty much no spacing options into it. Even if it barely moves you anywhere it's still worth it, and it's only maybe four frames on top of the nine startup.
The perfect pivot to uptilt sounds like a spectacular rest opportunity. I'll back the back-kick!:GCU:

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff's pivot is super bad guys.

Please stahp.
ooooh, You weren't serious. Glad we're on the same page then. The uses it does have is to turn you around, really. So you can land uptilt and the back of Usmash while retreating. Is this overall useful and valuable? No clue, but those are it's uses

Weavile's Wrath

Smash Apprentice
I know that U-Tilt to Rest is still a thing at lower %s (iirc ~25% or less on most characters? check me on that), but it usually won't kill on FD due to the low % it must be used at. It's definitely a great kill option on, say, the top platform of BF tthough.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Advanced techniques Yin? (me) has discovered:
1. Rollout to ledge: very good for recovery but not against skilled opponents who can time an aerial to your rollout
2. Reverse rollout (don't exactly know how to repeat but I'll try): I used rollout in the air and did something, imagine a Samus using the morph ball bomb with that crazy aerial mobility. (If you have played Samus you know what I am referring to ). Basically that with no ending lag, or I was just in the air as it ended.
~<3

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Advanced techniques Yin? (me) has discovered:
1. Rollout to ledge: very good for recovery but not against skilled opponents who can time an aerial to your rollout
2. Reverse rollout (don't exactly know how to repeat but I'll try): I used rollout in the air and did something, imagine a Samus using the morph ball bomb with that crazy aerial mobility. (If you have played Samus you know what I am referring to ). Basically that with no ending lag, or I was just in the air as it ended.
~<3
Opponents don't need to aerial rollout, they can just take the hit and Jiggs will fall to her death. Don't use rollout to ledge snap :)

Although jab 1 to rest is a viable combo on some characters, there's a thread on the boards if you wanna check out which ones.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Opponents don't need to aerial rollout, they can just take the hit and Jiggs will fall to her death. Don't use rollout to ledge snap :)

Although jab 1 to rest is a viable combo on some characters, there's a thread on the boards if you wanna check out which ones.
I disagree.
Why did you mention jab 1 to rest combo. That had nothing to do with my post.

Last edited:

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
I disagree.
Why did you mention jab 1 to rest combo. That had nothing to do with my post.
I mentioned it as a combo for the thread purpose. I skipped a line bc I was no longer addressing you. I was just helping out the thread. And even ask good players, rollout offstage is too risky. I would avoid rollout in general, but hey, it's your playstyle, not mine. Just suggesting that other people don't pick up that habit :)

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
I mentioned it as a combo for the thread purpose. I skipped a line bc I was no longer addressing you. I was just helping out the thread. And even ask good players, rollout offstage is too risky. I would avoid rollout in general, but hey, it's your playstyle, not mine. Just suggesting that other people don't pick up that habit :)
exactly
No one foresees a rollout, so they are usually unprepared

If we could only find a rollout cancel :(
Also sums about the hyper- rollout glitch :(
I played her after* the glitch was patched :/

Last edited:

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't exactly call letting yourself be gimped in the easiest way possible an advanced technique. I've intercepted it every time another Jigglypuff tries it (when I'm not all the way across the stage), though that's only happened maybe four times. You aren't even able to ledgegrab as you're falling so you barely even have to peek off the edge to get the gimp.

Not sure what kind of players you're facing that don't foresee a Jigglypuff using Rollout of all things.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
I wouldn't exactly call letting yourself be gimped in the easiest way possible an advanced technique. I've intercepted it every time another Jigglypuff tries it (when I'm not all the way across the stage), though that's only happened maybe four times. You aren't even able to ledgegrab as you're falling so you barely even have to peek off the edge to get the gimp.
Not sure what kind of players you're facing that don't foresee a Jigglypuff using Rollout of all things.
Haha thanks for calling me a good player :)
. . .
That is the point! There is usually no one crappy enough to get hit by rollout..
Sooo basically I'm good (enough to land consecutive rollouts)

Also- if you have quick reflexes and fast eyes (lol "fast eyes") you can hit a rest when someone attacks you. They simply attack you with a non-disjointed hitbox/hurtbox(?) move and if you got the timing, you can rest. Very good for kids (OR players xD) who like to JC Up-smash or running Up-smash you.

Last edited:

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Haha thanks for calling me a good player :)
. . .
That is the point! There is usually no one crappy enough to get hit by rollout..
Sooo basically I'm good (enough to land consecutive rollouts)
Or maybe you're just facing bad people and instilling bad ideas into others. It's really risky way to recover, and no real good thing about it except its a bit faster. Jiggs doesnt normally have problems getting gimped horizontally either, so it's not a big plus. The best idea is to just avoid it, even if it has worked before :)

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Or maybe you're just facing bad people and instilling bad ideas into others. It's really risky way to recover, and no real good thing about it except its a bit faster. Jiggs doesnt normally have problems getting gimped horizontally either, so it's not a big plus. The best idea is to just avoid it, even if it has worked before :)
nope i guess we both much really differ in skill level

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
He was asking for your opinion, because you have very different opinions than the majority of the competitive players.
I realized that ty. As mentioned in my previous post we actually have a thread 4 that. You can find my input there.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, it's getting the clips that's the hard part. Once I get everything straight with their uses, I gotta put time aside to record before or after a biweekly tournament.

Top Bottom