• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Good Combos For Mega Man?

DeDeDestruction

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm kind of new here, and I havent played Smash in about 2 weeks because my 3DS was sent off for repair, are there any good combos for Mega Man?

despite the name, i main Mega Man

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Crash bomb explosion > Bair. :)

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Learn how to do jab lock. It allows us to follow up Jab on a prone enemy into Utilt, Dsmash, or anything really.

Greward

Smash Lord
Mega Man isn't a character that comboes a lot really, so don't focus on that.

Landing up air - up air is pretty legit
Dthrow to bair, uair or fair. Nair can also work but does little damage.
Crash bomb - bair/fair
jump toss cancel metal blade - Bair against heavies
MB diagonal down into up tilt / usmash

There's more but really, most combos are situational. It's not like this is Mario that does certain combo at certain %. Mega Man links hit relying on traps and superior position.

BowDown

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0748-2738-5951
I'm not sure if this is guaranteed or not, but what I like to do at low percents (especially on fast-fallers) is Dthrow > auto-cancelled bair > regrab/dash attack/another bair

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Maybe he's thinking of hitting with two of the three slashes as Mega lands?

BowDown

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0748-2738-5951
Oops, sorry guys, it's probably not auto-cancelling. It's more like a rising full hop bair, then around the time the bair animation is finished, you fast fall. If you fast fall too early, you'll suffer from bair landing lag.

Last edited:

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
im trying to do the Jump cancel item throw but its not working that well for me. Im using the 2nd method with the c stick, (move right, jump, then c stick down) and picking up the metal blade with a, then doing the c stick method and picking up the mb with a. is this right?

Greward

Smash Lord
im trying to do the Jump cancel item throw but its not working that well for me. Im using the 2nd method with the c stick, (move right, jump, then c stick down) and picking up the metal blade with a, then doing the c stick method and picking up the mb with a. is this right?
unless you got tap jump or jump on L/R i wouldn't use the c stick

move - Y/X - A is the best imo, reason is that C stick is a bit far away from X/Y and you will do it with the same finger.

throwing down is the least useful of the 4 directions too imo.

well thats if you play with the gamecube controller but it's the same logic for other controllers.

Last edited:

HIMA14

Smash Rookie
NNID
HIMA14BITS
Metal Blade(take Metal Blade),Leaf Shield,Try to hit the opponent with the Leaf's without throwing it(they will flich),throw Metal blade,Run,Grab,Dthrow,Fair

Or instead of doing a Fair you can do Uair but it's a bit difficult to land

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
4th leaf of leaf shield (so it goes away after the leaf hits) combos into any of Megaman's tilts, which is convenient for uptilt since you can confirm for the kill :3

Timing's strict tho.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I like to attach a crash bomb in the opponent to start my combos.

With a crash bomb attached: Down throw -> air dodge (to avoid the crash bomb explosion) -> Bair is excellent for catching jumps and air dodges.

LieSander

Smash Rookie
If are holding a Metal Blade, SH-DJ, throw Metal Blade down, and dair can connect for a nasty spike hit confirm. A lil hard to do but super satisfying.

On a somewhat unrelated note this works for Link and ROB too, with their respective items.

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
I've been getting this combo most games lately, its pretty flashy and good damage. It's really not too tough to get.

With blade in hand, jump over opponent and throw blade down on front half of their body. They will be knocked backwards and then hit with an upair. I rarely get punished even if I whiff on the blade and upair. Usually they are focused on dealing with blade, so they don't have time to punish.

Last edited:

CanadianMegaMan

Smash Apprentice
Close range d tilt at low-medium percents can combo into up smash on certain characters.

Adding on to the above combo, if you get the blade in hand and then stick a crash bomb to your opponent, it's possible to hit with the d thrown blade into falling up air without transferring the bomb back to megaman, which can lead to early kills from cb exploding.

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
You can Dthrow -> nair -> fair when the opponent is at low percents (like <25%(. It's tricky, but pretty cool to pull off and can get someone away from you fairly reliably.

Top Bottom