• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Football Fans Here?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
All these transfer sagas are getting annoying. Ronaldo should just go Real. Barry should just go Liverpool.

and Carlsberg don't do sigs, but if they did, they'd probably be like Sporkman's.

Edit: lol at myself for not even clicking the thing.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
~N9NE~, I think you've done got your footballs mixed up. The OP was referring to the football with the prolate spheroid for a ball, not the soccer version played with the spherical ball.

And that games looks horrible. Sports MMORPG's just aren't my type of thing. Plus, I've been abstaining from all things football since the Patriots flubbed the Super Bowl. It was especially devastating the next day at work when half of the place was ecstatic while the other half of us where glum. But I guess that's what you get for living in the sports team allegiance borderlands known as western New England.

OleMissReb

Smash Rookie
That game IS fun. There are A LOT of people who play it. It goes pretty deep. You can create a player, eventually manage teams that other people's players play for, and you can be the owner of a team. It's really cool once you get into it. You're playing with a lot of other people too, so the community aspect of it is pretty fun too.

SacredThunder

Smash Cadet
I don't care for sports games/watching them on tv/playing them. I don't like organized sports anymore, although I played in little league baseball.

TheMike54

Smash Rookie
I'm glad somebody made this thread. I need a place to discuss everything football.

@OleMissReb
Why wait? I take it you are more of a college football fan, so who are your top five pre-season favorites?

Mine:
1. Ohio State -
So much talent returning in such an easy conference. Wells, Boeckman and Laurinitas should lead them to the BCS Championship.

2. OU -
Always a big threat. Solid defense and if Sam Bradford continues to improve, there's no reason they shouldn't roll through the Big 12.

3. USC -
As much as I hate them, the Trojans are going to be a top contender in the country, as long as they don't blow off a game or two like they did last season.

4. Georgia -
The only reason they aren't my #1 preseason team is that they might have one of the hardest schedules in the country. They play South Carolina, ASU, LSU and Florida on the road. They are a great team, but they will have a lot to overcome if they want to be the "top dog".

5. WVU -
This may be a reach but I love the WVU offense and I think they will have a chance this year to make another BCS bowl and beat a top tier team.

OleMissReb

Smash Rookie
Not sure but:

1. Georgia
2. Oklahoma
3. USC
4. West Virginia
5. Ohio State (weak schedule, may lose the NC again)

These are just guesses and yes I am more of a college football fan. But I also like NFL. I like the Giants and Saints and also the Dolphins when they're good.

TheMike54

Smash Rookie
I'm in Houston so I'm a Texans fan but I also like the Chargers (mostly because LT is my favorite NFL player).

As for the Giants, I love them for beating the Pats in the Super Bowl. I even bought a 18-1 t-shirt.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Will he come back, or is his retirement permanent....WILL HE PULL A MICHAEL JORDAN, i hope so

OleMissReb

Smash Rookie
If Farve wants to come back, the Packers should let him. But they need to pay Aaron Rodgers well even as a back up to keep him around because it's really not right for him to have to wait like this. I'm a Farve fan being from Mississippi, but it might be time for him to retire.

Peeze

Smash Master

TheMike54

Smash Rookie
Minnesota would be a great place for Favre. I mean seriously, what are you guys doing still going with Tavares? He's terrible. If the Vikings don't run the ball 70% of the time, I will be disappointed.

Peeze

Smash Master
8-4 record as a started isnt terrible. Granted ap was at his best in those games, but still he showed sparks. Did you see the final game vs. denver? He carried the game on his back.

TheMike54

Smash Rookie
For sure. Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor are easily the best tandem in the NFL. But you are right; All Day is going to be the next great back in the league and I sure as hell hope I get him on my fantasy team :)

Mike87

Smash Ace
I'm glad somebody made this thread. I need a place to discuss everything football.

@OleMissReb
Why wait? I take it you are more of a college football fan, so who are your top five pre-season favorites?

Mine:
1. Ohio State -
So much talent returning in such an easy conference. Wells, Boeckman and Laurinitas should lead them to the BCS Championship.

You better hope they dont face a real team then, i.e. an SEC team.

Go Gators and Go Dolphins.

TheMike54

Smash Rookie
You better hope they dont face a real team then, i.e. an SEC team.

Go Gators and Go Dolphins.
Look at the Buckeyes schedule. Other than USC, there really isn't a threat. Ohio State should cruise to the National Championship only to lose yet again to whomever they are facing.

TheMike54

Smash Rookie
I know Ohio State isn't the best team, but they have the easiest route to the BCS Championship. In my opinion, the best team in the nation is either Oklahoma or Georgia, but their schedules could pose some problems in reaching the title game.

Top Bottom