• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Data on what appears to now be called ASC?

Szion

Smash Journeyman
Recently been trying to use it out of DA and uTilt and aerials but

A:sometimes when i press L it doesnt cancel?

B: I freeze mentally after performing it correctly after a Fair. idk why

is there any sorta frame data or pics that might help understand the timing and intricacies?

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty, let's see...

Aura Sphere Cancel is a 16 frame action. The only time in which the shield input will have any effect is frame 13 onward, in which it will cancel the charge animation. Pressing and releasing the button beforehand will likely cause you to miss the ASC, so that'd be why it sometimes doesn't work. That said, you can cancel the charge with a light press (as opposed to a full press/hard press/digital press... I actually don't know the standard term for depressing the shoulder buttons completely.), and can safely hold a light press while doing aerial>ASC without air dodging (since air dodge is only activated on full press, if I am not mistaken).

One of the easiest ways to practice ASC is to practice linking Fairs with it. I personally just put stuff on platforms, FH>fair>ASC>fair>ASC. Learning to do so with a short hop is also pretty effective. Then after that, just apply it to other aerials. This might help work that mental lock-up out of your play.

Top Bottom