• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any cool GameCube controller modifications?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I just wanted to inform everyone about this small company. I am in no way affiliated with this company but have just recently received a product for them and would like to share my experience.

I've been looking online for custom controllers for some time. After all who doesn't want a one of a kind controller that depicts their favorite characters and what not? Luckily I stumbled upon Super Coffee Bros on YouTube and eventually found their Facebook and Twitter. They seem to be an up and coming company. I messaged them on Facebook about an inquiry and had a response in less than an hour. They were extremely helpful and kind when it came to coming up with a design. Being a Sheik main I wanted something to do with her. They came up with some mock designs and after my approval they started right away. I first talked to them on Saturday and 4 days later on Wednesday I have the controller in my hand.

The price for a shell(that they already have in inventory) and a paint job/decal is 55 US dollars. When comparing this to other companies or private people who paint GC controllers you won't find a better deal. Each shell is from what I understand painted and then overlayed with a decal followed by automotive clear coats and then put in an oven to harden that. With that grade of protection I expect the controller to last years and years.

Communication was top notch and the controller is amazing. It feels like glass and is absolutely beautiful. When comparing it to the original matte feel of a GC controller I'd have to say this feels about the same if not better. If you want to make your friends jealous or stick out at a competition then I highly suggest contacting this company. I have attached some pictures below to showcase my controller. It features a dark blue coat followed by a Sheik decal with metallic flakes to mimic some stars in the sky.

If you have any questions about them or need more information just comment below. You can check them out on Facebook or Twitter or see the YouTube. Again I am in no way associated with them but just wanted to put this option out there for anyone looking for a custom GC controller.

I merged your thread with this one; all custom controller discussion (including reviews of custom controller services) are to go here.

MAROMODS

Smash Rookie
dude. dont spam advertising posts =/

edit: this is totally out of context now that the posters posts got deleted.
feel free to delete...
Wasn't advertising, I was sharing my controllers and provided a link if you had questions. And instead of notifying me to correct the "issue" I got an auto-ban and wasn't able to reach anyone for a month. So I apologize for having 75+ controllers I could post and didn't realize the way I posted it on the "Custom Controller Thread) was going to be crucifixed by a random mod.

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
Does anyone have a recommendation for those wanting a controller modified to be like another? I'd like to get a wired Wii U Pro controller that works in a Gamecube port (pretty much a Wii U pro shaped Gamecube controller), and unfortunately I currently don't have the skill nor tools to make such a modification. Cost wise, it would be cheaper for me to outsource but I'm not quite sure where to look for a reputable engineer to do the soldering. I've got no problem supplying the controllers, but I just don't know where to take them.

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Well..... Guess I'm sorta reviving the thread again :shiro: ok so I have a question and I posted it a few hours ago. Can anyone help me out? Can I use a 3rd party shell with a 1st party shell to make combo of the two shells?

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well..... Guess I'm sorta reviving the thread again :shiro: ok so I have a question and I posted it a few hours ago. Can anyone help me out? Can I use a 3rd party shell with a 1st party shell to make combo of the two shells?
It depends on the 3rd party. I've found that some of them have different shaped L and R buttons, which would cause problems. And sometimes they don't line up well overall, like they're just slightly differently shaped in their handle curvature.

Also the plastic on 3rd party shells is usually of lower quality.

That said, most of the time it can be done, but it's probably not recommended to go out of your way to try to pull it off.

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
It depends on the 3rd party. I've found that some of them have different shaped L and R buttons, which would cause problems. And sometimes they don't line up well overall, like they're just slightly differently shaped in their handle curvature.

Also the plastic on 3rd party shells is usually of lower quality.

That said, most of the time it can be done, but it's probably not recommended to go out of your way to try to pull it off.
Oh ok I see.... I just can't find a decent price on used clear came cube controller

BluJay- BluJay- It's do-able, but it all depends on the shell. I have a Black and Red controller to match the pallet swaps of my characters, because I'm strange like that. The red shell is a third party shell I got of off amazon. The main issues I encountered are that the inside of the controller is shaped differently, meaning that the rumble thing didn't fit so I had to melt down the pieces used to hold the third party rumble thing in place because it was much smaller than the original. Another issue I came across, besides the triggers, (My triggers don't seem to get stuck. They are pretty loud though.) Is the Z button. The bottom half of the z button, doesn't fit well, To accommodate that, I omitted the screws near the triggers. I may have even did more melting on the inside of the shell, but I don't remember. It feels weird at first since its slightly stiff, but its perfectly responsive. Looks a bit ugly from certain angles but, its not noticeable when I'm holding it. IMAG0716.jpg

Attachments

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Hey guys. This is mainly cosmetic and non-competitive but a fun thing I discovered. The chip inside the amiibos is basically a sticker that can read and write data, and it fits nicely on the back of the GameCube controller behind the dpad or cstick. I'm an amateur at this but hopefully someone else can take it and make a better controller/amiibo combo. I call mine "Conmiibo" :)

Attachments

Top Bottom