• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any changes to Wario 1.0.6?

crazyninjagod

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5215-0713-5279
Feel like no one tried him out just asking if anyone found anything

*EDIT* I just tested and there is a less cool down on warios f smash making it quicker :D

Last edited:

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
His U-Smash still has that stupid cooldown though. Like it looks like the animation is done but you still have to wait a second before you can do anything!

Wario remains largely untouched it seems.

crazyninjagod

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5215-0713-5279
Feel like no one tried him out just asking if anyone found anything

*EDIT* I just tested and there is a less cool down on warios f smash making it quicker :D
*EDIT* tired seem to not spawn sometimes but I ate 2 and Wario could use a pretty strong waft other than the big Fart one he actually flew a little meaning tires help him a lot

Wariuzzo

Smash Rookie
Seems a bit faster but maybe is only an impression

Last edited:

Roots

Smash Cadet
Seems like everyone is just saying he "feels" different
No changes to damage so I doubt he was touched

Noyu

Smash Cadet
Ok,

Saying he doesn't feel any different or noticing no changes to damage don't mean a thing. Additionally, saying he does feel faster means nothing unless you can prove it or have any quantified data. Please don't post based off feels. We need comparative data between old and new versions. Base damage can remain the same even if base knock-back or knock-back growth change.

"I just tested and there is a less cool down on warios f smash making it quicker "
Did you compare it to an older version side by side, or try it frame-by-frame?

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
Ok,

Saying he doesn't feel any different or noticing no changes to damage don't mean a thing. Additionally, saying he does feel faster means nothing unless you can prove it or have any quantified data. Please don't post based off feels. We need comparative data between old and new versions. Base damage can remain the same even if base knock-back or knock-back growth change.

"I just tested and there is a less cool down on warios f smash making it quicker "
Did you compare it to an older version side by side, or try it frame-by-frame?
Well, I was going to say why not make a video of the old patch and the new one and try to compare the speed of it? If possible. I did felt a bit faster but I honestly think Sakurai din't touch him...much? donno, we still need more research.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
Can't really tell if Wario even got any changes. But he still seems pretty good to me.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
No one ever listens to me x.D

It's ok, y'all keep speculating I guess, but I don't really know what to take seriously...
It felt stronger, as in it seemed to have more priority than it did before, and was able to kill at a much lower percent than I'm used to, I think it was 120%.

Noyu

Smash Cadet
It felt stronger, as in it seemed to have more priority than it did before, and was able to kill at a much lower percent than I'm used to, I think it was 120%.
"felt"

"I think"

I'm not trying to sound rude, I'd test this myself if I could. If it can kill mario at 120 on 3ds FD spawn (I think that's the setup, but the mario needs to not DI at all), please let us know, the 1.0.4 value for Mario getting KO'd currently with this setup (I think it's this setup) is 178%.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
"felt"

"I think"

I'm not trying to sound rude, I'd test this myself if I could. If it can kill mario at 120 on 3ds FD spawn (I think that's the setup, but the mario needs to not DI at all), please let us know, the 1.0.4 value for Mario getting KO'd currently with this setup (I think it's this setup) is 178%.
I got Mario at 159%, I think the reason it killed at 120% was because I was fighting Mewtwo.

Noyu

Smash Cadet
Lol, that's good news that mewtwo gets screwed by dair, but now we need to verify if mario really dies later in the old version, or if the setup is bad. Keep in mind if you ply in training mode, moves will stale, you must play against a human.

Waroh

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mr.Waroh
They probably updated the Bike's physics in general. I wonder if that thing where hitting a grounded moving Bike Wario has jumped off of causes it to move in the opposite direction has been fixed.
I've tested it and it still happens. Also you can still do that thing where B-reversing after jumping off turns the bike itself, which produces a similar effect when performing it just as the bike reaches the ledge (more noticeable with Speeding Bike).

Perhaps they changed the Bike item physics?

Last edited:

xzx

Smash Lord
The bike can still "randomly" reverse when Wario is hit off it. Also, this is not reliable, but it seems that Wario's bike will not fly off the stage when he jumps from it as much now. It seems like the bike (after a jump off) slides and bounces less now, leaving it more often on the ground. I might test this and see for myself. Again, I am definitely not sure about this.

Top Bottom