• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any changes in 1.0.8?

Re4gNarsil

Smash Cadet
Anything anyone has found that is different now can be put here in one place. She seems pretty much the same to me, at least as far as damage and knock back goes.

Last edited:

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Someone said her jab feels slower. Not a known player or anything. I haven't been able to play yet though so can't confirm.

Not seeing anyone confirming changes yet though, and a good few saying she feels the same.

Last edited:

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Jab speed has not changed at all. No hard evidence to confirm but played pre and post patch and if there's a difference in speed it wasn't noticeable and didn't affect any setups or linking of jab 1, jab2 and jab 3.

Here's for hoping we've gotten out of this update unschathed

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
It feels so weird when the character you're afraid their going to nerf gets a buff instead. I'm not going to complain about luma having 50 hp but it seemed like an odd change.

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
Wait what. I love it I was really feeling like that 47 health was a problem and it was harder to protect Luma (or maybe my defense is just terrible). 50 is nice and round too, something you could actually keep track of mid match if you wanted.

Pretty Princess

Smash Cadet
NNID
lordgooomy
3DS FC
0559-7269-5928
It feels so weird when the character you're afraid their going to nerf gets a buff instead. I'm not going to complain about luma having 50 hp but it seemed like an odd change.
Agreed, I also think it seems kind of odd, though it's a welcome change no matter how small! :]

Space Mom Jojo

Smash Cadet
NNID
JojoMirabelle
I don't notice any other changes. However I think some testing could go into Luma's reaction times, I feel like Luma might have more available frames to retaliate after Rosalina is hit? Just speculating but worth a try.

Kurobon

Smash Rookie
As I posted in the "Official" 1.0.8 I think Luma can't act while Rosalina is grabbed. Maybe it take longer to act, or I was being thrown too quickly that I couldn't confirm. But someone should try this out.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
As I posted in the "Official" 1.0.8 I think Luma can't act while Rosalina is grabbed. Maybe it take longer to act, or I was being thrown too quickly that I couldn't confirm. But someone should try this out.
YAY please tell me it's true :D

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
I'm like 99% sure luma still can act while grabbed it just takes a second. I was able to up-tilt out of a grab at a tournament yesterday and luma seemed to be acting the way I've grown to expect him to.

Space Mom Jojo

Smash Cadet
NNID
JojoMirabelle
Luma can still work while Rosalina is grabbed, especially if they are separate. But not if Rosalina is in hitstun from pummels or a throw. So it really only works if Luma is separate or if they hesitate after the grab. No change I can see.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
The only confirmed change is the Luma's HP was reverted back to 50, which is good, because reducing it was stupid.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
It used to be 52 for what it's worth.

According to the patch notes rapid jab 3 was nerfed.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You mean Rosalina's multi jab finisher right? cause they are different :3
Okay, I did check on the finishing hit for the multi-hit combo, and the knockback truly did get nerfed.

In Smash 3DS, at Final Destination or any Omega Form stage, the attack potentially KOs Mario when his current damage is at 218%.

In Smash Wii U, at Final Destination or any Omega Form stage, the attack potentially KOs Mario when his current damage is at 203%.

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
If we leave this patch with only nerfed KB on the jab finisher I'll be okay with that.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Okay, I did check on the finishing hit for the multi-hit combo, and the knockback truly did get nerfed.

In Smash 3DS, at Final Destination or any Omega Form stage, the attack potentially KOs Mario when his current damage is at 218%.

In Smash Wii U, at Final Destination or any Omega Form stage, the attack potentially KOs Mario when his current damage is at 203%.
Is that because of a difference in blast zones or something else?

Top Bottom