• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any chance of finding new Pika advanced tech?

NinjaPotato

Smash Rookie
It might just be me but pika seems to be short of advanced techs...
If he does have lots I would like to know about it. I've been trying to make a grab-release into stage spike bair combo but i think people have done that already.

NogGoggler

Smash Cadet
QAC still has soooooo much more potential. I see so many opportunities for ESAM to do it that he doesn't realize during a match (because he's playing fast as **** lol) to approach/gain stage control/apply pressure. That still needs to be labbed more.

But for new techs? I don't think so

Gibbs

Smash Apprentice
Sadly I think Pika's meta moving forward is going to be way more determined by grind-y things. Optimization of tech chasing, edge guard option coverage, platform pressure and trying to set up prattfalls, ledge get up option coverage and mind games, etc.

NewFoundAbility

Banned via Warnings
Dublin, CA 94568, bowing down before the Jlfksjlfl
NNID
NewFoundAbility
You don't need advanced techs to be a good character.
For some reason I want to disagree, as I feel Pikachu's quick movement -- e.g. :GCU::GCB: + Any direction to get in or out -- is very scary if you don't see it coming.
For the "Advanced tech" like :GCD::GCB: on yourself under the stage to gain a little bit of height before getting back to the stage is something I didn't know until I saw it work.
I dunno, I feel he wants advice on certain moves that work in his favor, like the one I had said.

Last edited:

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
For some reason I want to disagree, as I feel Pikachu's quick movement -- e.g. :GCU::GCB: + Any direction to get in or out -- is very scary if you don't see it coming.
For the "Advanced tech" like :GCD::GCB: on yourself under the stage to gain a little bit of height before getting back to the stage is something I didn't know until I saw it work.
I dunno, I feel he wants advice on certain moves that work in his favor, like the one I had said.
I agree. What I was saying, is, that for a character to be a good character, it doesn't need techs. Look at Puff in Melee. She didn't need to have her own advanced techs to be a top tier character.

Top Bottom