• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Alabama/Georgia folks going to Pound4?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pound4, ECRC Finale!, Jan 16-18th. (link to tournament thread)
(MLK weekend- Saturday through Monday. We'd probably get back home Tuesday or Wednesday night.)

Slideshow of venue(link)

How do we get there?

There's a... bus ride going from either Indianapolis, IN or Springfield, Ohio directly to the venue. (link to bus thread)

I propose we get on the smash bus. :D

If we take the Indianapolis route bus, it'll cost about $100 per person, $80 from Springfield. This is a round trip on a Greyhound bus directly to the venue. It'll be filled exclusively with Smash players- perhaps some of us. :D

It has come to my attention that my map is wrong. :O It'll take longer than 8 hours if we go from indianapolis. My map assumes we do a car ride. A bus will be much slower, so it's more like 10-11 hours. If we end up getting our own bus it'll be much shorter because the bus won't stop for others along the way.

Estimated Total Cost Per Person
Drive up to and from bus (assuming 4 person in a car, 27mph, $2.50 a gallon): $25
Bus Rider: $80-$100
Housing/Hotel: $30 ($15 a night)
Total: $135-155...

+ Melee Singles: $35
Melee Singles+Teams: $45
Brawl Singles: $35
Brawl Singles+Teams: $45...

Assuming singles & teams of either Melee or Brawl + ride up there and back + hotel =
$175-200

+$2.50 after every month past August
+ food and any other expenses

Is interested in going:
1. DanGR
2. BigLou
3. Reflex
4. Tubes
5. Bigman

Is interested and willing to drive:
1. DanGR (I'll drive some in the car I'm in. I don't own my own car at the moment. :()
2. BigLou (possibly)
3. Reflex
4. Bigman

Driving Incentive Proposal
As an incentive for people to drive, I propose that the driver only pays half of his part of the cost. For example, if I were to drive up there with 3 other people, and the total gas cost was $50, I'd only pay $6.25 of $12.50 and the rest would be split up between the passengers. So the car of 4 would pay...

Passenger 1- $14.58
Passenger 2- $14.58
Passenger 3- $14.58
Driver- $6.25

Good idea? Possible not pay any? I dunno.

Housing on Tuesday? Hilt, a kind player in indianapolis, has volunteered to house us if we want to sleep at his place on tuesday.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I am 100 percent down for this.

I dunno though if i can take my car though but ill see what i can do.

#edit- although if we could get a bus that would be much more convient, and if enough people split shouldnt be too crazy

tubes

Smash Ace
Well I do need to figure out how exactly I'm going to get to and from pound 4 and this does seem like a pretty solid plan.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm somewhat interested, although I don't know how much money I'll have.

Uh...I'll drive, too.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Glad to see Atlantic South interest in this :D

Also, Cr4sh said that if BigLou comes then he'll give housing to whoever, before/after pound

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
If anyone else has any other ideas, be sure to say them. We don't necessarily have to go up to Indiana/Ohio and get on a bus from there... though I personally would like to see some players up there. :O

BigLøu

Smash Lord
dangr- im down for the quickest and cheapest method of getting there. Ill post up with some ideas when they come to me
Hilt-Sweet dude if we do end up going way ill let u know

bigman40

Smash Master
I'm down. I'm most likely driving my car up there, and if some people want to drive as a group, then I won't mind meeting up back in ATL for it.

Top Bottom