• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any advice on finding a gamecube and melee disc?

FoxeR

Smash Cadet
Im going to try the goodwill around me but if I cant find anything any sites I sould try? It looks like amazon will be 60+ for a melee disc. Im going to play on dolphin for now but Id like to have gamecube as well.

Kadano

Magical Express
Piracy is the way to go, man. It’s not like Nintendo is making any profit from you buying a used Melee disc for 60$ anyway.

Softmodding a Wii is really easy and lets you play Melee from an SD card, but as you already have a Gamecube, you might want to install a Wiikey Fusion or Wasp Fusion modchip if you have soldering skills.

Otherwise, check flea markets and neighborhood sales … lots of people have Melee lying around, just ask everyone you know and offer them 15$ or something. (I bought 5 used PAL copies for 10-15€ each.)

FoxeR

Smash Cadet
actually I DONT have s GameCube yet either I was going to have to buy that too

gonna definitely look into the Wii thing then instead

AirFair

Marth tho
Yeah USB loading would be better for your case, as you can get 20XX for awesome training opportunities alone.

Firehyphen

Can wavedash in Sm4sh.
NNID
Firehyphen
Man up and pay the cost, or softmod it for your wii. If you own a pc gamecube adapter Dolhpin works great.

Top Bottom