• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any advice for my fox?

Shök

Smash Champion
these are some matches i have had recently. if you guys could give me some pointers or tips or something, i would really appreciate it

fox vs falco final destination

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSFPu73Prkk

fox vs bowser final destination

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe040dkA1gE

falco vs bowser final destination

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_GsV_06CDU

fox vs bowser final destination

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2S91D8RKOc

fox vs bowser kirby stage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s9VVpgztho

fox vs falco pokemon stadium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JavGwwYT3m8

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
to be honest...lord sux...

good **** good ****, for 3-4 months of practice,what up with lord's falco, no offense to him but it sux man, tell him to shl and shffl dairs and stuff, and tell him to di better, as for u good job, you did well for your first 3-4months, u can also put shffl-in in your game, and i noticed you missed bairs after your up throw, just take your time to aim cause falco's stunned for a while, o and after u up smash chase him for another one since he's stunned for a long time. wavedance more (wave dash back and forth), and edge hog, you guyz need work, still shok, your on the right track, as for lord...lets not go there. hope this helped. lolz i copied and pasted with a few changes.

EDIT: i looked back at the vid and man, i can really critique you cause lord is nothing...

Shök

Smash Champion
lol, yeah brawlpro, your help is appreciated, i know i need practice, i must get better!!! yeah and i need a signature. lol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't think I can give much advice on this, since as far as I'm concerned, you were beating up on a LV5 CPU.

Learn to dash attack less and work on SHFFLing those aerials.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
lol @ tony.

anyway. Stop putting any time into practicing shdls and double shines. You're not going to be able to use them even if you can do them. Lord's falco just needs to do some reading on the boards. if he just learns a little more about competitive smash, he could catch up to your (current) skill in about a week. Please tell him to do so, so you can get some better vids up.
I rarely saw the right move choice from you in that match. Work on finding out what leads into what, etc... because your approaches seriously need work.
Fox's main approaches are shffld nair/dair, or the jc grab. Both of which need to be more skillfully used. You need to learn to Dash Dance Right Now Seriously, just go into training mode, and test out all different lengths of DDs, and work on switching seamlessly between multiple lengths.
Against Falco, you need a lot more nair. (esp. Full hopped nair over lasers)
Try to get falco off the edge, then edgeguard, either with a bair, fsmash, dsmash, or ledge dropped shine (w/ invincibility).
Nothing pains me more than to see a fox that doesn't have a clue what he's doing, and then in between stocks starts shdling/ multishining.
Those techniques seriously need to wait until After you've got the basic tech skills down, and know what to do in certain matchups.
Two things you need to read to help put you on the right track to getting better are MookieRah's guide on observation, and LunInSpectra's guide on 7 habits of a professional.
Overall: stop working on advanced techniques that don't help until you've 1) got basic techniques down, 2) know what you're doing with those techniques.

Hope this helps, sorry if any of it sounds dejecting, it's not an insult, it's constructive criticism.

EDIT: oh, and what the HELL is with your firefoxing. Stop that stuff right now. pretty much every time you used it it was not a good way to do so.

Shök

Smash Champion
yeah thanks scotu for all the advice and tips. dont worry, nothing sounded dejecting, i understand thats what you have to do. yeah, the firefoxes were mistakes, i wasnt really playing right, but even then, i know i need to practice and not make those mistakes, i must get better. yeah, lord just wines and says he cant shl or shd, so yeah, if i think i iproved, i wil post up another video. lol at ankoku, hmmm dont worry, i will dash attack less, and work on shffl aerials. I MUST GET BETTER!

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Use some of mathos combos. A popular one is SHLSHLSHLSHLSHLSHLSHLSHSLSHLSHLSHLSHLSHSLSHLSHLSHL.

Against Falcos, grab a lot. Seriously, we Falcos hate nothing more than to be grabbed. You seem to have that down though.
SHFFL nairs. You should work on comboing into grab and shines, and if you can get him over the edge shinespike him.
One thing I noticed is a lack of Fsmashes. Fsmashes are your friend, use them. It's powerful, can be used out of a uthrow, and is one of Fox's best moves.
SHFFLd uairs, again, they are your friend.
In general, just play smarter.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Just for the record: i totally termed that the mathos combo (i like the name anyway - and it is more applicable to falco). and it would be nice to see some new vids.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
lets see,you have a pretty good fox.You know chaingrabbing and your shine.I could probably give you alittle advice by saying to SHFFL more.once again your play pretty smart from what I've seen.

Shök

Smash Champion
ok so i have in new videos, tell me what you guys think

brawlpro

Smash Master
you have a nice rshl(reverse short hop laser...)to show off going there, and tell burn to spam up-b's more with bowser, tell him to watch Gimpyfish92, he is like teh best b00zer, well ****, you have got the right track on being great, if you want some from the heart criticism then wait till scotu takes a look here:).

i know you will get better, a great start is too make your opponents better.;)

peace outz!

BluRay

Smash Apprentice
you have a nice rshl(reverse short hop laser...)to show off going there, and tell burn to spam up-b's more with bowser, tell him to watch Gimpyfish92, he is like teh best b00zer, well ****, you have got the right track on being great, if you want some from the heart criticism then wait till scotu takes a look here:).

i know you will get better, a great start is too make your opponents better.;)

peace outz!
i agree.......................

brawlpro

Smash Master
yes you are blu3moon, you are edge.

ON TOPIC: shok192, i heard that you go to school with dawn, go fight him and ppl that are in his level, too bad you can't fight me...cause i'm in his level lol...

well you'll surely be great practicing on dawn and his fellas;)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
back on topic:

SCOTU covered ALOT of what you need to know when playing Fox.

Remember that you're not Falco, SHDL are useless up close. I see you spam them...for no good reason. Use them from a distance to lure them towards you hastily. Then counter-attack in accordance to what they do on their approach. You also need to stop practicing flashy things untili you get all the basics down-pat. Like Scotu said, it won't do you any good if you can't use them effectively anyways.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
brawlpro: lol. dude you're too much. =D

Shok: Check my post ...#23, on this page.

Bowser vids: Don't dthrow and expect it to combo into a move. Only use it for tech-chasing purposes. Don't Sh or jump out of shines if you hit your opponent on the ground. Always wavedash out of them and combo/jab.

-Less Spot dodges. (you tend to spam them when you're close to your opponent) Play out of your shield more. Foxes fastest aerials from his shield are the nair and bair. at 8 frames apiece i believe.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Shok.

You should take some recent vids after you've practiced up and post em' so we can see your progress. More tips will stem from new vids.

brawlpro

Smash Master
umm, shok, i wanna see you fight ppl better than lord and burn (no offense)

and check out the thunder's combo(a hard one), lolz, raynex messes up a few times on it, and he's good, silent wolf seems to have it down! practice it a lot, i will link to the thread but i can't right now because i am in school posting while failing...

Shök

Smash Champion
lol, im doing the same thing, i made some videos playing dawn and a really good link called neon, but we dont know if were going to post them.

Shök

Smash Champion
how come you dont put any new videos of yourself raynex?

Top Bottom