• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any advice about float? Like when it is ssfecand unsafe.

Salted_Rain

Smash Rookie
Greenhorn Peach main. I feel as if I am not utilizing her movement option correctly and was wondering if I could get any tips especially in the neutral game.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I was gonna write something, but I think it'd be easier just to show you some quality Peach movement from one of my fave Peach players: Mr. Excel Zero.

Excel_Zero doing his thing. Pick your poison.

SuperScope

Smash Cadet
Floating in the neutral is generally unsafe. Everything else is good: Recovery, tech chases, reads, and mixups. I wouldn't use it for baiting unless you can get away with it.

marc0polo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoticeMeKohai
Floating in the neutral is generally unsafe. Everything else is good: Recovery, tech chases, reads, and mixups. I wouldn't use it for baiting unless you can get away with it.
I would suggest that it's not too difficult to get away with it: you can float in and out of your opponents range, all the while facing them. This could potentially bait out attacks which you can punish, or retreating fairs/nairs depending on the situation.

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
Yup

Dont use it in Nuetral. Her ground options are much stronger and faster and you dont want to give up shield in Nuetral.

Especially when approaching Sword and Projectile happy characters.

I see a lot of people covering ledges with retreating floating Fairs which is something Id like to work on

Last edited:

DSKA

Smash Rookie
NNID
Farorecast
Float is good, really good for edgeguard and baiting. FCs are really good too. You can also space dairs with it, something that is really good with Peach, I feel.

Top Bottom