• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anti-Plumber edgeguards with puff?

abuufnar

Smash Rookie
When I play against any of the plumbers (mario, doc, luigi) I always seem to have trouble edge gaurding them when they recover directly below the stage, I know grabbing the ledge can be a good option but they can easily play around it.

Mtank

Smash Cadet
lol theyre like the easiest ones. You just have to go deep for the back-airs and zone them away from the edge until they can't make it back. If they go low just try to either drop with an invincible aerial, or grab the edge within like 20-30 frames before they up-b, so you can just roll up for the edgeguard. You can also try dair from ledge when they up-b to somewhat reset the situation, and then maybe go for a f-smash.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
I think Hbox likes to hug the stage and throw out a fair sometimes, so if they hit him he can tech and not go anywhere.

Massive

Smash Champion
If they're recovering low just take the ledge and ledgehog.

If they go for the stage, Mario and Doc have the same amount of landing lag from up-b as sheik (30 frames), which is more than enough time to punish (rest/grab/whatever). Luigi has no horizontal on his up-b recovery, so unless he airdodges on instead of up-b he will die from a ledgehog.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
If they're recovering low just take the ledge and ledgehog.

If they go for the stage, Mario and Doc have the same amount of landing lag from up-b as sheik (30 frames), which is more than enough time to punish (rest/grab/whatever). Luigi has no horizontal on his up-b recovery, so unless he airdodges on instead of up-b he will die from a ledgehog.
Be careful when you ledgehog though, because luigi can stall with down-b and mario can cape stall. As long as you're paying attention, you should be fine.

Top Bottom