• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

anti-liasing

brinboy789

Smash Champion
i've downloaded a game, and when i got there, i couldnt even move., so much lag.i went to the forums, and it said that antiliasing would help. it doesnt specify what it was though. what is anti-liasing? and does it help lag? if not, how do you stop computer game lag? thanks in advance.

Frames

DI
i think u mean anti aliasing and if you dont have a decent graphics card then enabling it will only cause more lag

anti-aliasing is basically reducing distortion by taking a high resolution image and then downsampling it (there is much more than just this but you can read more if ur curious)

also more info would be nice for example

what game?
what os?
what kind of hardware?

etc etc

brinboy789

Smash Champion
i think u mean anti aliasing and if you dont have a decent graphics card then enabling it will only cause more lag

anti-aliasing is basically reducing distortion by taking a high resolution image and then downsampling it (there is much more than just this but you can read more if ur curious)

also more info would be nice for example

what game?
what os?
what kind of hardware?

etc etc
yea i searched google like couple mins after that lol.

game: flyff
hardware: um...windows XP?

im a computer nublet lol...

Frames

DI
its ok windows xp is the os for future reference

you complained of lag so i asked which hardware you had so if you have any documentation that came with your computer that could tell me what kind of processor, graphics card, how much ram, that kind of stuff

infomon

Smash Scientist
Anti-aliasing is generally applied as a post-processing operation to blur / smoothen out rough edges on polygons etc. to make the game look nicer. If anything, it should only slow things down more.

Top Bottom