• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Answered] what do you do after a dtilt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

recme

Smash Cadet
NNID
recolorme
3DS FC
4871-4881-3739
when i dtilt as roy, i always try to either grab or do a dash attack. however, those methods never work out for me, so i as wondering what you guys do after a dtilt?

also, before any questions, i have took sweetspot and sourspot dtilt into consideration, but it just never works out for me. some tips on what to do would be appreciated.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
At Low/mid percents I follow up Dtilt with DED. At high percents I go for dash attack if they miss the tech.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
if they are at around 50-70% and I'm near a ledge, it sets them up at the perfect height and angle to D-air meteor them. I was doing this all day yesterday, and it felt that this percent range gives enough distance and hitstun that it almost feels like a true combo...or my friends are bad, idk yet, still experimenting.

RedKnightXIII

Smash Rookie
Usually i dash attack, but that isn't safe really. Most of the time after Dtilt i try to predict what they will do next, i usually use it for spacing a bit sense it has some good range, but I'm still in the lab with Roy often so after awhile I'm sure a 100% follow up will come up somewhere in the coming months.

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
After dtilt at low percents it's safer to follow up with a well spaced Nair (sourspot, the tip) or even a grab can work. At higher percents it's just safer to look at how your opponent responds and then adapt accordingly.

Tael_LInk

Smash Rookie
I usually don't follow up after down tilt. It's more of a spacing and pressure tool for me.

MiloniVanili

Smash Apprentice
i dont use it much to follow up really, but imo a general rule of thumb is that any situation where you would attempt to use dash attack its typically better to DED instead, much safer on shield and more damage. unless of course you are trying to kill in which case dash attack can be better

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
a) do nothing
b) follow up with a dash attack if they don't tech

I can generally be able to react if they mis the tech or nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom