• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Answered] Spacing with Roy's Nair

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMHappy

Smash Cadet
I see on this Roy forum everywhere that nair is pretty much his best aerial. When approaching and spacing with Roy's nair, is it better to SHFF, or just SHNair

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I see on this Roy forum everywhere that nair is pretty much his best aerial. When approaching and spacing with Roy's nair, is it better to SHFF, or just SHNair
SHFF, but it could depend on the situation

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Thanks for the reply, would you like to elaborate on why the regular SHNair wod be better to use than SHFFNair?
I'm not sure actually, but I still find myself using it sometimes for whatever reason lol. it's weird.

fastfalling it is probably always the better option though. you'llg et landing lag regardless whether you fast fall it or not; fast falling will make it quicker to recover from.

Last edited:

Sora66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sora66
And while you FF the nair you can condition your opponent into that. So then you can mix it up by going into a tomahawk or shFF then when you reach the ground jab, it can really throw your opponent off. I see sethlon doing it a lot.

Jamble

Smash Apprentice
Besides just SHFF nair > jab, I'm pretty sure with the right timing you can also SHFF > nair > grab on a shield too, which would be useful to avoid punishes.

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
I use A-stick to nair. I'm super consistent. I now never compromise roys amazing aerial mobility to nair. I'd suggest this.

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
I use A-stick to nair. I'm super consistent. I now never compromise roys amazing aerial mobility to nair. I'd suggest this.
What is "A-Stick"? is it setting the c stick to regular attacking? and if that's the case, how can you do a neutral air with it?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
What is "A-Stick"? is it setting the c stick to regular attacking? and if that's the case, how can you do a neutral air with it?
p sure he meant A + control stick. but you can use nair on c stick if you input it diagonally instead of up/down/left/right, it's not practical tho cuz its kinda annoying to get right.

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
Ah, thanks Arikado, i was kinda confused about that one.

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
very since I use GC controller and it has notches (I use :GCCDL:). I have tap jump off, A+B smash on, jump on a trigger, and A-stick.

how does short hopping with a trigger work? I thought it wouldn't be as easy as it would be with x or y. the rest all makes sense though. Thank you for your feed back btw, I really appreciate it =)

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
how does short hopping with a trigger work? I thought it wouldn't be as easy as it would be with x or y. the rest all makes sense though. Thank you for your feed back btw, I really appreciate it =)
I personally use :GCZ:. I put my finger on the edge and slip off of it immediately after pressing it to shorthop. If you tap jump off it's kinda a must to have a Jump on a shoulder button. If you are dextrous enough just use whatever set up you'd like

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom