• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Answered] Am I FF Nair wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedKnightXIII

Smash Rookie
Is my timing off or what, every time I fight a G&W or Pikachu I can't hit them with Nair. On a rare occasion the last hit will hit them but that's rare so far, is it just me not FF correctly on time or is it because the characters are too short?
if that's the case how do I charge in on such a tiny character with Roy?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Is my timing off or what, every time I fight a G&W or Pikachu I can't hit them with Nair. On a rare occasion the last hit will hit them but that's rare so far, is it just me not FF correctly on time or is it because the characters are too short?
Are they crouching, or did Pikachu land from his own aerials? Also try to aim for nair tippers on ground opponents
since it's safer and lower to the ground.

Or you could just dtilt.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Well you certainly have more options than nair. I'd say for short characters you can still grab them into jab or up-air (possibbly another nair or up-air). On short characters I just wouldn't do as much nairs as much as other characters, that's all.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
If your opponent isn't used to it, running and shielding is always an idea to see what their reaction will be. Once you get that down, your best approach option usually depends on your opponent's habits. I approach short characters like Pikachu with spaced F-airs (since it has a wider vertical range), and grabs if they like keeping to the ground.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Remember, you don't always have to aerial attack when you approach with a jump... Empty short-hops can lead to so much more.

Last edited:

RedKnightXIII

Smash Rookie
If your opponent isn't used to it, running and shielding is always an idea to see what their reaction will be. Once you get that down, your best approach option usually depends on your opponent's habits. I approach short characters like Pikachu with spaced F-airs (since it has a wider vertical range), and grabs if they like keeping to the ground.
Unfortunately my buddy that I'm having this hard time with is used to my shield grabbing because I'll play Ike a good amount of time.
Normally I do empty jumps with Ike but I have so much less range with Roy that I just don't feel like wasting time, the down tilt is helping a bit, my most annoyance with G&W specifically is the neutral A gas can just sucks me in if I try to roll behind him.

Zio~

The Underdog
NNID
Fabri1794
3DS FC
3711-9383-8936
something I usually do with againts small characters is an empty shorthop and grab, or shorthop towards them and double-edge dance 2 or 3 hits, they usually just shield it so you wanna space yourself correclty and you'll have time to dashgrab them or jab them

RedKnightXIII

Smash Rookie
something I usually do with againts small characters is an empty shorthop and grab, or shorthop towards them and double-edge dance 2 or 3 hits, they usually just shield it so you wanna space yourself correclty and you'll have time to dashgrab them or jab them
Thanks I'll try the DD edge and shield. Mixing it up once he starts seeing it should hopefully give me a opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom