• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another Toon Link alt. costume? How about Young Link?

Maikou

Smash Ace
To be honest, I'm thinking that the people working on the Young Link in Project M plus should've used Toon Link as the base instead of Link. The animations wouldn't be as messed up, and really, they'd only need to change the head hitbox first and go on from there.

I say this because the Young Link animations work fine on Link's bigger model, but Young Link's smaller one results in the Spin Attack turning him completely around and his forward smash moving forward without the ability to use the second swing. Young Link's model is also around Toon Link's height, the only major thing being Toon Link's giant head, which again, for Young Link, would only require a size adjustment on the head hitbox rather than the entirety of Link's animations being fixed for the smaller Young Link.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
He means the more Brawl-esque one.
To be honest, I'm thinking that the people working on the Young Link in Project M plus should've used Toon Link as the base instead of Link. The animations wouldn't be as messed up, and really, they'd only need to change the head hitbox first and go on from there.

I say this because the Young Link animations work fine on Link's bigger model, but Young Link's smaller one results in the Spin Attack turning him completely around and his forward smash moving forward without the ability to use the second swing. Young Link's model is also around Toon Link's height, the only major thing being Toon Link's giant head, which again, for Young Link, would only require a size adjustment on the head hitbox rather than the entirety of Link's animations being fixed for the smaller Young Link.
Well, using Link was probably the easer choice, as the movesets are similar. I think that the one-slash side-smash, was a form of decloning. But the spin attack does seem really weird and slow.

Maikou

Smash Ace
He means the more Brawl-esque one.

Well, using Link was probably the easer choice, as the movesets are similar. I think that the one-slash side-smash, was a form of decloning. But the spin attack does seem really weird and slow.
When I use a certain variation of Young Link seperate from Project M + that goes over Link but leaves the Older link playable with the Ocarina outfit, I try out the moves and with the older Link, the Spin Attack is perfect. The side Smash also works properly. I don't mean to complain, really. It's just that the moves look and act weird. Plus when grabbed or caught in something like the Triforce Slash, the model suddenly gets bigger momentarily.

But it's still in development, so I guess it's to be expected. Still, I do think starting with Toon Link and working from there would've reduced glitches and such.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I'd rather get more outset costume first, in all honesty. Wanting an Outset Dark Toon Link something fierce.
Sadly, the only more possible costumes are 3 more for toon link. You brang a great idea to my head. I do brawl mods and I am going to make Purple Outset Link(Earth Symbol), NES Outset Toon Link(Wisdom/Zora symbol), and Outset Dark Link(Sheikah Symbol). For when CBliss comes out for Project M 3.5. When I'm done, do you guys think I should do a Smash 3(HD) version?

Maikou

Smash Ace
Sadly, the only more possible costumes are 3 more for toon link. You brang a great idea to my head. I do brawl mods and I am going to make Purple Outset Link(Earth Symbol), NES Outset Toon Link(Wisdom/Zora symbol), and Outset Dark Link(Sheikah Symbol). For when CBliss comes out for Project M 3.5. When I'm done, do you guys think I should do a Smash 3(HD) version?
That would be cool if it's not too much work for you. I'm well aware it takes great care and attention to make things look so good, especially in gameplay.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I already finished Dark Outset Toon Link. How do I post pictures on a comment? Sorry for newbieness.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I already finished Dark Outset Toon Link. How do I post pictures on a comment? Sorry for newbieness.
There should be a smiley face on the bar thing above where you type. Right next to it is the Image button. Click it and post the URL of your picture. I know there's a way to upload directly from your computer, but I don't quite remember how at the moment. I'm thinking that it might possibly have something to do with Copy-Paste, but I'm extremely unsure about that.

I know this because in the Bandana Dee support thread, I posted multiple screenshots from my computer. If you want, I can try to upload one of my images to a post and then explain how to you to save you trouble.

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I finished the purple one. It has Impa's Shadow symbol, because the Earth one doesn't have many pictures to choose from. For now, the back has the crawfish from the original, because it's a pain to remove. I'll be uploading the Dark Outset link soon. For now, here are some pictures.

If you like my profile pic (at this time of writing), it's an HD OOT Link I made for Smash 3C. You can find it right here, along with recolors- http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207324
Now here's the Dark Toon Link- http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207409

Last edited:

Yellowpikmin476

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yellowpikmin476
3DS FC
4854-6467-1287
I have really missed Young Link from Melee, him in Project M would be great, the mods you're working on are very nice, may be motivation enough for me to fire up my ol' Project M for it! I also really like those Outset costumes, very nice looking!

Top Bottom