• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another reality-bending power found?!

kyoskue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyoskue
3DS FC
4468-0977-7278
Many of you probably know about Wario's momentum... shenanigan... thing.
I honestly only saw a Japanese video, and have no idea how it works.

Anyway, I'm not the one who found this, and don't know if its known about already, but GameFaqs user gamezrochard found a rather bizarre glitch that he pulled off TWICE in one "For Glory" match.

Basically, it seems that if Wario leaps from his bike within a few frames of it being struck by a projectile, the game registers it as damaging a player character. Wario, however, apparently becomes immune to damage at that very second, so the game returns the damage on the one that fired the projectile.

Here is a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvt6Zv_SCUs&feature=youtu.be
Happens at 4:30-4:40 and again at 5:10-5:20.
I apologize in advance for not setting up a time stamp in the link, I'm on my Wii U and getting ready for work, if someone could add one I would be much appreciated.

And the original topic:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632937-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-3ds/70429705

I'm thinking that this might work on melee attacks that don't quite hit Wario too, but it could also just be a unique thing given Lucario's unique Aura mechanics.
Is this a known thing?

I'll check this topic out once I get back from work.
Cheers.

kyoskue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyoskue
3DS FC
4468-0977-7278
Wow, SEVENTY-SEVEN views and not a single reply?
Does nobody see the potential for " weaponizing" this glitch?
Is this known about or not?

I'm kind of speechless, honestly. :x

Dilaray199

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1263-7183-5602
I have not heard of this actually so it is a rather interesting find. However, I would imagine that it is quite hard to set up this glitch, let alone pull it off against a skilled opponent. I'm curious to finding out the background mechanics for this glitch as well as the other glitches Wario has. Wario, you little glitch you. :p

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Yeah, its likely related to the other glitch with the bike, where if after you've jumped it gets attacked he takes damage anyways.
This is what I was thinking as well. If I've got time later today, I'll try messing around to see if I can find out what triggers this!

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I've actually seen this elsewhere. But this video at least showcases it twice in a real match.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
As far as I can tell, it does the "bike explosion" damage to the opponent, which is 7% and pretty weak knockback (it kills him at the end of your video because it's in Sudden Death). On top of being massively situational, it doesn't deal enough damage to make it worth pursuing in a normal match, especially since the opponent's attack needs to blow up the bike, so it would need to be REALLY powerful (or you need to use the Fast Bike, which wouldn't allow for any precision on the Wario's part).

A weird glitch, but unless it could somehow be transferred to a third party (in Doubles or something), it's pretty much useless.

Top Bottom