• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another new thingy o.O (maybe? not really?)

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Read please

sup guys, its me again. so i was messing around with woi again, short hop dairs, fairs, bairs, and the air dodge to woi for wing refresh etc. and I was getting these weird speed boosts. Never figured out how to do it <-- (someone look into that). Later, I tried to see if i could get the momentum of a glide into a woi, but stumbled upon something else. I was gliding and I landed on a platform then use woi right before falling off. The result was no woi but still the wind. I noticed there was a very small sliding animation in woi when you run and do it so i went along with it. you can do woi and slide off a ledge and it cancels the whole up b special except the wind part of it since it comes before you actually leave the ground. theres a little timing to it, but it can be used for some edge guarding or w/e that term is. when an opponet tries to catch the ledge, do the woi cancel off the ledge to force them back slightly and fast fall to grab it. It can be done off of any platform including the fall through kind.

I went to the huge guide that had a sticky to see if it was there, didnt see it. if anyone has posted about this before my bad, and sorry for wasting your time.

Ill put up a vid tomorrow when my friend can help me out.

Edit: add me to your wii list if you want me to send you a vid via the wii untill i get one up here since some people dont believe it works like I explained.

Wii# : 6029-6762-8045-4926 and of course ill need yours.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Dude..... It's not there because it isn't important... You see effects/ starting animation of WoI but there is no push, only a sound and animation. It's Useless. It's known already.
Please see if its known already buy asking people in the questions/answer thread stickied. If it isn't than make a thread.....

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Dude..... It's not there because it isn't important... You see effects/ starting animation of WoI but there is no push, only a sound and animation. It's Useless. It's known already.
Please see if its known already buy asking people in the questions/answer thread stickied. If it isn't than make a thread.....
but dude, there is a Push if you time it corectly. I wouldnt have posted this thread trying to figure out wether its been brought up or not if theres was no push from the wings. try it man I swear theres a push. If there isnt a push then a ghost came by and pushed D3 under the ledge and off the stage. Ill try and show you a vid tomorrow. I know im not trippin there was a friggin push.

Yo, add me to your Wii and ill send you a video of me doing it. my # is: 6029-6762-8045-4926

Coffee™

I need it....
Sorry man but this is known already, and either way there isn't much praticality to using it. You can do it off any edge, wheter it be a platform or just the stage edge and it produces the wind effect and the animations for it although you don't see the animation of the blue wings generally seen in WoI.

However next time please use the simple questions and answers thread before making new threads like these.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
bleh kinda sucks >.> I dont see how it couldnt be some what useful Me and my friend tested it out and it kinda worked. but okies it's all good. and I did go to the QnA thing im just too impatient to wait for an answer xD

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
im just going to point out that if you do this "AT," the WoI that you try to actually use will always be the shorter, 1.5 second one... which is bad

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
im just going to point out that if you do this "AT," the WoI that you try to actually use will always be the shorter, 1.5 second one... which is bad
ya i know, the fatigue. not like im going to fly off an edge and try to gimp. what I did was that first thing in that big paragraph above then used a wing stall after it so its like 2 pushes. but w/e its known already so eh pay this no mind.

Top Bottom