• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another DLC Character Leaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetpackX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JetpackX
3DS FC
0877-2713-1529
So another "leaker" posted another Smash Bros leak on 4chan. He posted this along with a picture of Mewtwo.
Information on Smash 3DS and Wii U:

DLC Characters:
Anna
Chibi-Robo (New 3DS and Wii U only)
Chorus Kids (New 3DS and Wii U only)
Dixie Kong
Fiora
Gaius
Ice Climbers (New 3DS and Wii U only)
Impa
Lucas
Kumatora
Masked Man
Medusa
Mewtwo
Plusle and Minun (New 3DS and Wii U only)
Tharja
Toon Zelda/Tetra (New 3DS and Wii U only)
Wolf

DLC Modes:
Stage Builder (Will be automatically included on Wii U but will be DLC on the 3DS)
Also…
November 8th for Japan
November 21st for International

And…
Snake is an assist trophy now.

What do you guys think?

Dean Lawrence

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiseUpAndFight
3DS FC
1246-8874-5343
No. I highly doubt we'll get that many characters as DLC. Maybe 3 to 4 max.

Spirst

I also doubt the validity of the claim that the New 3DS and the Wii U will have exclusive characters the old 3DS won't be able to have.

ReddFloxy

Smash Apprentice
The thing that kinda killed it for me is Snake being an Assist Trophy. That and Tharja, the trophy was most likely removed due to the rating and not because it was a DLC character (heck, even mewtwo is in the trophy list)

kylexv

Smash Master
That Mewtwo is from Project M. Fake.

And why would there be Kumatora AND Masked Man but no Lucas?

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Doubt this is true:
1. I doubt there'd be THAT many DLC characters.
2. The Mewtwo looks pretty fake.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
This is way to much and fake. If there were to be DLC characters there would be 5.

5 would be the perfect number. Making it a perfect 9 x 6 grid
Add 1 to the 4th row and Add 4 to the 5th row.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
According to this leak, we are going to have a **** ton of FE characters in Smash, which I seriously doubt.

Last edited:

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
There's no question that this is fake, way too many characters. Also, Snake wouldn't be an assist trophy.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Lol, Having characters that you don't want, or not including characters that you do want, doesn't instantly make a leak fake.

That being said, having 4 characters from the Mother series does seem a bit over the top, but I wouldn't be against it and it is impossible to know what Sakurai has planned.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Lol, Having characters that you don't want, or not including characters that you do want, doesn't instantly make a leak fake.

That being said, having 4 characters from the Mother series does seem a bit over the top, but I wouldn't be against it and it is impossible to know what Sakurai has planned.
What do you mean? There are like a ton of fan favorites on that leak, including almost all of the wanted cut vets, like Mewtwo, IC, Wolf, and Lucas. Its just the selection, and sheer number of characters make this shaky at best.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
That number of extra characters seems extremely unlikely. There clearly is a lot of development that goes into new characters so if there are any in DLC I'd expect it to be ones that were worked on but not finished in time for the actual release / needed extra refinement.

I mean what game can you guys think of that has had this volume of DLC? MK8 Is getting 6 total new characters in two DLC packs being released 6 months apart and yet Smash is supposed to get 15-20 more when programming new characters for that is way more complex? It really is a pipe dream to expect a huge influx of bonus characters, I would be surprised if they didn't have 4 to fill out the 3DS screen but I'd also be surprised if there were much more than that.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
Guys, I think the Mewtwo picture is there just so he could have a picture, not to show a picture from the new game.
Plus, the Mewtwo trophy actually looks like the normal Mewtwo, unlike Melee's and Project M's, which look very different (especially the latter).

Alternatively, you all are correct and he is trying to pass a picture from a Brawl mod as one from one of the new games.

Cactusblah

Smash Apprentice
This isn't even worth having a thread about. It's the most fake "leak" yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom