• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another Dedede to critique

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
Now this is definitely not my best as it's online and there's lag, but I think you'll get the gist of my DDD.

Now I know a few things wrong off the bat that I noticed. One I spotdodge a bit much and my dash after a grab was predictable.

Also, I've improved much since this match, but maybe you can help me with other things I could improve?

(I hate Pit's btw...spot dodging usually works...not against his smash...I guess it was habit...)
Anyways, here's my DDD.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RaQhlsfWZk8

meestertiny

Smash Cadet
yeah, I know wifi really screws up everyone's game.. to hell with wifi, I'm staying offline.

I think ftilt works as a nice damage racker if you just don't spam it too much, in this case I didn't see you use it at all really.. maybe after the down grabs instead of the dash attack? plus ftilt can block some projectiles, I don't know about pit's arrow though.

and there were some points where you just fell onto the pit with no plan whatsoever, ending up getting usmashed or something, use bair to your advantage since it pretty much beats a lot of characters in the air and the ground.

learn to recognize the godlike range of D3's grab, since that pit dodge rolls a lot, learn to predict where he'll end up next, and then it'll just be to the point of walking around and plucking him with a grab.

also, shield grabs, they work as well.

pKNeM

Smash Cadet
I know its online so timing is hard..but you might wanna work on your SH's since some of ddd's quickest moves are aerials, full hopped aerials are far easier to defend. Also, when you grab with any distance, ddd has a d-throw chaingrab thats much more useful at low percents than a grab to dash attack. Just some quick notes..I only watched a minute or two to be honest.

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
Things you need to incorporate into your game:
Chain grabbing
SH Bair
UTilts (quick and strong finisher)
FTilt

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the input guys.
I am really trying to improve my game before the Florida tourney in July.

I wish I had some good vids I could post that were NOT online...

M4Dd0g

Smash Rookie
lots more waddle dee spam, lots more tilts, and lots more short hops. that's advice that can be given to any ddd player.

good luck and happy smashing :)

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
From the video chaingrabbing isn't really an issue as in the particular instance your opponent cant be chain grabbed. You have a very defensive style with Dedede, which seems to suit you pretty well. My one suggestion would be practise those short hop back airs and incorporate them into your playing. In the video you seem to be unsure of what to do when pit is behind you and as a result you roll behind him every time, which can be very punishable if your opponent catches on. Mix it up with some back airs!

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
You can chain-grab Pit. Yes, he can use UpB with the right timing to get out of it, but if not, continue chaingrabbing. If he succeeds in doing it a couple times, predict it and follow up.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
You can chain-grab Pit. Yes, he can use UpB with the right timing to get out of it, but if not, continue chaingrabbing. If he succeeds in doing it a couple times, predict it and follow up.
DDDs CG is inescapable when using shieldcanceled chaingrabs, as opposed to normal dash grabs.
Pit, sonic, martha, whoever, can not escape. I get tired of hearing how (character) can escape with upB,
I wish there was a sticky on the CG. SCCGs havent been discussed enough due to the fact nobody knows why they work exactly.
If you are interested read the below topics, and try your hardest to interpret what is said,
it might not make sense but its important...if you care that is.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175206(less cluttered thread)
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173708

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
I think you should just incorporate more Utilts, Dtilts, smashes, and neutral B more. Your DDD is pretty good defensively, but would be sexier with the use of those moves.

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the replies.
Dtilt is a new favorite addition followed by Utilt which I found kills about everyone minus heavys around 100%.

Top Bottom