• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another Chain Jacket Thread =D

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, i know u might be kinda tired of seeing these but this ones diff i think XD

So after delaying i've finally started to practice with adding ATs to my Shiek game. i need to become more consistent for them to be useful. Right now i can get DACUS about 1/5 of the time and chain jacket only 1/10.

my questions are about the chain jacket...the perfect timing required makes it sOOo incredibly difficult, and whats annoying is that u don't know if u even did it until u hit someone. I was wondering if u have to keep doing the move u want jacketed after each time u fail to do the chain jacket...that would be nice if u didn't lol. but i'm not sure

also what move is best to jacket? maybe bair or fair near the edge? it seems like down smash has better range for me...

and lastly i was wondering if someone could make a slow motion close up of shiek doing it to help us with timing and to see about which frame u need to do sideB on. Or post a link if its been done. Not that it'll make it magically easy but it should help i hope :)

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Your best bet is probably Bair, but only if you can get the strong hit (use it from a shorthop right before you hit the ground, so you land as soon as the leg extends. You should get the non-autocancel landing animation if you do this correctly). Usmash is pretty good, as it's the strongest of Sheik's KO moves, so can be great for a surprise.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
A trick to train it:
start brawl, doesnt matter what kind of.
Choose shiek vs any char on any lvl(keep it at 3 for fastest training)
Start the match, strong bair and try chain jacket.
if your game freezes, you did it right, if it doesn't, "no contest" and try again
this is the best way to try it out if you don't have a spare controller :p if you do, just use them both at the same time :p that's a good use for the wiimote

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
is that bad for the Wii or the game though for it to keep freezing up like that? lol
i practice in the online waiting room sometimes by trying to do the chain jacket right next to the sandbag but in the other direction and flicking the chain back...otherwise in training mode w/ lvl 1 cpu set to attack

let me rephrase my first question...after each failed attempt to do the chain jacket, do u have to redo the move u want jacketed?

ynnek123

Smash Ace
I read that it wasn't damaging somewhere on here, but it wasn't confirmed though. Still, if you use Gc controller to perform the jacket + wiimote to walk into it, that's still the easiest way to train it.

for your question, yes, you have to perform the move you want to jacket again.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
That's a kind of difficult way to test.

Just go to training mode and set CPU to walk. Better yet, plug in the second controller. Try to jacket, and keep your finger on B, and using the other controller walk into the chain.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179565

Check out the section of that thread. There is a picture of when you should begin to jacket.

Time it so the chain is HALF WAY out when sheik touches the floor.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
That's a kind of difficult way to test.

Just go to training mode and set CPU to walk. Better yet, plug in the second controller. Try to jacket, and keep your finger on B, and using the other controller walk into the chain.
that's what I suggested if he had a spare controller/wii mote :p

Top Bottom