• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anonymous, Yet Clearly a Jerk

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
So something happened while playing FG last night. Now, first thing you have to understand is that I main Diddy Kong. I have played every single Donkey Kong Country game Nintendo will give me, I mained him in Brawl from the moment I saw him on the CSS, and have continued to play him into SSB4. The fact that Diddy happens to be S-Tier at the moment is a plus, but ultimately a non-factor for me.

So imagine my surprise when in a match I take a Jiggly from 0 to 70% in short order, only to have him SD. In the lobby, he stayed put, so I assumed he was merely learning Jiggs and wanted to switch to his main. I started up, and while in the training lobby saw him switch his name from whatever it was, to:

"DIDDY-NOOB"

for about 5 seconds, then leave the lobby.

Normally I don't mind internet hijinx, but for some reason that act stuck with me a little bit. I didn't play Diddy like a d-bag. I didn't taunt as he SD'ed. He/She was just salty, and found a way to circumvent the anonymity feature by writing a name on the spot to taunt me with.

Anybody else experience this?

Skylit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Skylit
This has not happened to me. I main Link and surprisingly, I'm quite offensive and don't hide behind a wall of projectiles. I have an online friend who mains Diddy and I'll admit I have not beaten him a single time, but I'm fine with that. I'm learning from my losses and I'm gaining experience in the Diddy MatchUp.

It's unfortunate you're being bashed for using a character that you clearly have history with. This generation is filled with people who rage over the silliest things, that's totally fine but when they take that next step to verbally insult you instead of working and improving on their mistakes... Idk man they're really not worth your time, keep doing what you're doing

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
So something happened while playing FG last night. Now, first thing you have to understand is that I main Diddy Kong. I have played every single Donkey Kong Country game Nintendo will give me, I mained him in Brawl from the moment I saw him on the CSS, and have continued to play him into SSB4. The fact that Diddy happens to be S-Tier at the moment is a plus, but ultimately a non-factor for me.

So imagine my surprise when in a match I take a Jiggly from 0 to 70% in short order, only to have him SD. In the lobby, he stayed put, so I assumed he was merely learning Jiggs and wanted to switch to his main. I started up, and while in the training lobby saw him switch his name from whatever it was, to:

"DIDDY-NOOB"

for about 5 seconds, then leave the lobby.

Normally I don't mind internet hijinx, but for some reason that act stuck with me a little bit. I didn't play Diddy like a d-bag. I didn't taunt as he SD'ed. He/She was just salty, and found a way to circumvent the anonymity feature by writing a name on the spot to taunt me with.

Anybody else experience this?
Yeah you noob, you should just switch to his strategy of Losing without doing any damage. That's how the pros do it.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
This has not happened to me. I main Link and surprisingly, I'm quite offensive and don't hide behind a wall of projectiles. I have an online friend who mains Diddy and I'll admit I have not beaten him a single time, but I'm fine with that. I'm learning from my losses and I'm gaining experience in the Diddy MatchUp.

It's unfortunate you're being bashed for using a character that you clearly have history with. This generation is filled with people who rage over the silliest things, that's totally fine but when they take that next step to verbally insult you instead of working and improving on their mistakes... Idk man they're really not worth your time, keep doing what you're doing
It was at about 2AM for me, so maybe that guy was in a similar timezone and was just tired. I can relate to that. He did a douchey thing, but at least I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he was off his game.

Thing is, Jiggly is one of those that gives me the most problems as Diddy. (The other ones being Villager, Sonic, and Fox)

I wouldn't go so far as to say she counters him. However, she is rarely on the ground, which means I have to significantly adapt my game away from grabs. Instead I work on correctly spaced aerials and side-b mixups. If he'd have stayed he probably could have figured my gameplan out and we would've had a few good battles. Jiggs is scary when played well and adapted to your style.

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
He's complaining about "Noob characters" yet is playing Jiggly. Alright then. (Sorry any Jiggs mains, I'm only joking.)

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
aww man, talk about being salty...
stuff like that really drags one down sometimes, but don't worry and shake it off!

I honestly like Diddy Kong as a character, too. The only thing keeping me from playing him is his voice. XD
anyway, stick to your guns if you like 'em and stay calm :)

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm ashamed to admit that I've done this myself before. I've changed my name to "Worthless" on a few occasions after some particularly humiliating losses, such as against a spammer who any half-decent player should've been able to grind into dust in a heartbeat. I am not any half-decent player, or one at all.

Although it was more an act of self-hate rather than taunting in my case...

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
I'm ashamed to admit that I've done this myself before. I've changed my name to "Worthless" on a few occasions after some particularly humiliating losses, such as against a spammer who any half-decent player should've been able to grind into dust in a heartbeat. I am not any half-decent player, or one at all.

Although it was more an act of self-hate rather than taunting in my case...
At least you're not me. I have a 25% win rate.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
I had a 40% win rate with Diddy until something magically *clicked* about 2 months ago. Now I'm up to about ~70% with him across both Wii U and 3DS. About 65% winrate overall. Although I still get pretty frustrated/depressed when I meet someone - usually at like 1AM and usually playing Fox or Megaman - that just bodies me. Hard.

I'm there with my controller being like:

Butch2884

Smash Rookie
NNID
Butch2884
People will s**t on you for using the "better" characters even though most characters are just as good or almost as good in their own way.

Butch2884

Smash Rookie
NNID
Butch2884
People will s**t on you for using the "better" characters even though most characters are just as good or almost as good in their own way.

mallow45

Smash Rookie
NNID
mallow45
3DS FC
0318-9181-5130
I played against a Lucina one time who kept "teabagging" the ground anytime I wasn't close enough for an attack. I two stocked him and he used his tag to say that he "wasn't trying" and that I was a "grab spammer."

Another time, I was trying out Mega Man and ran into another rude Lucina. He narrowly beat me and changed his tag to "UR TRASH" and left before I could switch to my main.

Top Bottom