• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Annoying people shielding online!

KKIINNGG

Smash Cadet
What do you do against someone who shields and rolls all the time (with Bowser) bowser just isn't fast enough to grab them and every time i attack i leave myself open to get @$$***** by whoever im fighting.

zB.

Smash Cadet
Not to say that I couldn't answer this, but you should be asking this in the tactical forum or the bowser-specific character forum. And reading over things that have already been posted in either of those locations would probably answer your question anyways.

Just a friendly heads up.

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
Hey bud. The first thing you should check is to see if your opponent rolls away from you or rolls to the other side of you when you approach him. If you know he rolls away a lot, keep running toward him, waiting for him to roll in the same direction you're running and then grab him when he finishes his roll. If he rolls to the other side of you, just surprise him by doing a smash attack in the opposite direction. He'll often roll right into it.

Basically, just watch for what your opponent does over and over again and punish him for being repetitive. It takes a while to be able to analyze your opponents play styles but you'll get there. You'll be punishing roll spammers in no time, I'm sure.

Hope that helped.

Retrorocket

Smash Rookie
Try staying back and avoid getting close to him. Then, with luck, he'll get bored and try attacking directly. When he does that, thats your chance to strike.

shurf

Smash Cadet
Hmm.... If he rolls away from you continuously, just follow him till he reaches a ledge. If he cant get away any further and tries to roll past you, quickly use your neutral B to keep him down and do some damage. You kind of have to predict whether he's gonna jump over you or if he's gonna roll.

That's all I can think of. Nothing very technical since your opponent's tactics aren't very advanced at all.

eodeth

Smash Apprentice
you should learn how to shield and roll... im like that person that ur talking about [i side step more than the other two though] but just wait till he get to a ledge or wall then use a grab, fsmash or dsmash

rockmace

Smash Apprentice
YOu could very well switch to defense mode, wich seems perfectly valid for everyone in brawl. without exception, the character who attacs has it's guard down, right? Let them be the ones who do the unsafe moves. That'd be the cowardly safe mode.

Otherwise, using bowser, stay really away from them and spam the forward tilt, has so much range that even trying to roll behind you can get them hit sometimes. Or If you know they're about to do that, since they always do, predict the movement and wait them with either a forward smash or the forward+b grab.
Or try the safe down smash.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
Shielding and rolling is pretty easy to punish if its predictable. Rolling behind you, a short hopped back aerial will work. Rolling away from you, just keep running and grab him out of it.

Top Bottom