• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Annoyance lvl rising to R.E.D

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
I'm geting sick and tired of playing a certain friend of mine. He gets extremely annoying during and after smash matches like omg he just can't shut the hell up!!!! Whats even more annoying is how he has to restart the match every time when he gets pwned. Just yesterday Mario vs Shiek 4 stock game he gave me 4% damage and I went off like a rocket and killed him while he had 84%. He pressed start and restarted the match and said, "I wasn't soupsed to get that much damage in the begining." Next match omfg....I gave him 16% and he kills me with 65% I restart the match and he goes off like crazy telling me that I'm a sore loser and I don't know how to play the game and I should deal with him pwning me all the time. I left after that. I really couldn't take it any more he is just to annoying to play with and not only that the little ****** decideds to call my house and leave a long message telling me how much I suck at the game and how I'll never beat him and he could pwn my *** at brawl and yatta yatta yatta. I even tried puting the game to where you can't press start during matches he won't play that way he'll say oh I wasn't even trying. So what do you guys think I should do find some body else to play or just stop playing the game entirely with him?

pdk

Smash Lord
vs > custom rules > pause > OFF

or maybe just challenge the kid to a MM, if he's still like that then ditch him

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
heh tried that he'll say I wasn't even trying or restart the system you see the thing about him he can't put up with losing he thinks he has to win all the time.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Well, if I were you, I would find new friends. If that's not the case, just don't play the game with him. I'm sure playing by yourself is much better than playing with this guy. =\

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
something tells me this topic has been posted a lot of times before... just throw something at him next time he says a john. Anyway, don't go to his level so don't restart
if you keep pwning him and he restarts he is not going to win, or just let him have the first kill and get him on the rest of your lives.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Get a new friend or tell him to get lost. Normally when someone does that I just play a single player game until he changes his mind.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I hate hypocrites...
Sounds like he doesn't deserve to hold a controller while Smash is spinning in the system. Maybe you oughta take him to a tourney and see what happens. He's sooo good at the game, so it shouldn't be any problem for him. >.>

If all else fails, you should find new friends who have a life who doesn't spend all their spare time sucking at Smash and thinking of how to make fun of you next. Once you find a more tolerable person to play Smash with, you'll enjoy the game again and get better at it in due time.

Ensee

Smash Ace
heh tried that he'll say I wasn't even trying or restart the system you see the thing about him he can't put up with losing he thinks he has to win all the time.
Weird, I have a friend who's the same way, and he also mains Sheik... Every time he's losing he ALWAYS makes an excuse and gets mad. One time he was using one of my other friends controllers and broke it when he lost by throwing it around the room, he does that all the time. So really I have the same problem as you, but most of the time whenever I know I'm going to beat my friend and he starts getting pissed, I just let him win. Lmao I remember one time when he lost to this kid who hadn't played in like 6 months and he got so mad he yelled loud as hell, stood up and kicked his TV and some stuff fell off of it and broke. But yeah, I'm in the same position as you. The only thing I can tell you to do is just get so good that you can beat him every time, and really shut him up for good. Especially if you MM him. I would do that with my friend but he would never pay me.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Got any ducktape lol. Tell him that in a tourney, you wont be able to reset, so you better start getting used to losing. He probably doesnt want to admit that you are better at the game than he is, hang in there.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
Same here. But I doubt your friend is worse then my friend.

With my friend, apparently it's okay for him to play cheap, but when I do one move twice (or shield grab once), he calls me a spammer.

Also, if I'm playing a 4 player free for all, and I attack him once and move on to someone else, he says I'm ganging up on him.

He also does the "restart thing" when he's losing.

Just use reverse psychology on your friend. Give him compliments like "Oh yeah, I'm sorry for attacking you once this entire game. Next time I'll be more fair and not attack you at all." That always works for me.

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
Man I wish all you guys lived in Phoenix that way I can play smash with yall *wipes tear*. Oh I tried to get him to go to MLG and this was his response. "MLG...? Major League Gaming? For what to play Brawl? Thats retarted I would rather stay home and play Brawl then go to L.A. and play some ****** who doesn't have life and is so good at Brawl. Besides if you wen't there you would lose first round and your money would go to waste."

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
Man I wish all you guys lived in Phoenix that way I can play smash with yall *wipes tear*. Oh I tried to get him to go to MLG and this was his response. "MLG...? Major League Gaming? For what to play Brawl? Thats retarted I would rather stay home and play Brawl then go to L.A. and play some ****** who doesn't have life and is so good at Brawl. Besides if you wen't there you would lose first round and your money would go to waste."
Do you have Brawl or something?

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
No I was told this summer at MLG it was going to be a Brawl fest and I wanted to go to meet new people.

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
I think you might be right and I might be right because one thing. Where is the box art? If the game is coming out in 5 months.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
I think you might be right and I might be right because one thing. Where is the box art? If the game is coming out in 5 months.
oh, everyone knows the dont make the box art until the day before the release. then they fax the picture to all the stores, who then proceed to stick the pic on every game box. all art shown before this day is mere guesses.

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
dude, i´d say play with someone else....
but you propably cant, so just get mad at him whenever he does the ****, or leave...
i know some people like that too, and it´s pissing me off
are you better or is he?
if you are, just challenge him!
turn off the pause thing, give him a few matches to warm up, and then rip off his money..
do that a few times, and then get new friends :D

or i dunno.... just tell him he´s a **** and he sucks -.-
maybe he´ll change

i think brawl wont come out till winter... on the german nintendo web-site all the games coming 1. quartal are mentioned, for brawl it says "2007", and the propability of it being lite is pretty high, because so far, we didnt get to see much of it :)

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
I really can't tell since he is so much of a sore winner and loser. Fox (him) vs Samus (me). I won 5 times he one once. Mario (me) vs Shiek (him) I beat him twice he won once. Fox me vs Fox (him) Oh I won....:laugh: .

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Everytime he makes an excuse or calls you a sore loser or something mean just simple tell him "no johns". That should shut him up. Or just ignore his complaining and get new friends.
I've had to deal with tons of excuses from all my friends so I understand how you feel completely. :x

And you should only trust the official source (Nintendo) for the release date of SSBB.

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for post my last post was yesterday match ups and last week match ups and he restarted all of those. yester day it was mario vs sheik, fox vs fox, samus vs shiek, fox vs samus. mario won twice, fox won twice, samus won thrice, samus vs shiek he restarted so many times I lost count. Last week is when I proved my self worthy mario beat his fox every match up samus was just like yesterdays match ups. And my fox vs his fox I won thrice.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
hah, i just got a pretty funny idea. take a piece of paper, or posterboard, or something, and make a chart on it. just have 'wins, losses, resets, total matches' at the top. then take it to his house, and mark the outcome of every match. if he starts to talk trash, remind him about the chart. at the end of the day, say out loud the number of resets out of total matches, and then turn to him and say, 'you have a bad start alot, dont you? sure its just bad luck?' or something along those lines.

and i know this idea is completely retarted, but i think it would be funny.

Ensee

Smash Ace
hah, i just got a pretty funny idea. take a piece of paper, or posterboard, or something, and make a chart on it. just have 'wins, losses, resets, total matches' at the top. then take it to his house, and mark the outcome of every match. if he starts to talk trash, remind him about the chart. at the end of the day, say out loud the number of resets out of total matches, and then turn to him and say, 'you have a bad start alot, dont you? sure its just bad luck?' or something along those lines.

and i know this idea is completely retarted, but i think it would be funny.
LOL.

I hate hypocrites with anger problems. One time after I beat my idiot of a friend who is exactly like yours, he said he was doing completely terrible, that it was because it was in the morning and his controller was screwed up. Then he told me I sucked compared to him and he got so mad when I said, "Okay then how do I beat you?"

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
Im gonna try to but if he ever found out.....it would be *mind my mouth* the most longest ***** in history.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I feel blessed,none of my friends are like that. They only do that if they really want me to play Smash so they can see if they can beat me.

I do that to my friend when he doesn't want to play Halo 1 vs 1 [sounds boring on paper but it's a helluva a lot of fun].

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Punch him in the face, then go to training mode, set the computer to evade and practice chainthrowing. A much more productive use of time, IMO. Honestly, I'm glad no one I know does that. It's a bit depressing and shocking to me that so many people actually know people like this. =/ Does he specify what about your game that is cheap? If he does, invite him to do the same. For example, if he thinks Peach's dsmash is the most broken thing in the world, then offer to play him in a Peach ditto and beat him without using dsmash. I would stop playing with people like him. If he insists so much to act like a 9 year old, then by all means, let him. In solitude. Wait, actually, not 9. My 7 year old brother acts more mature than he does.

Berserker

Smash Rookie
he doesn't sound like a very good friend. he just sounds immature and dumb. especially the calling your house and leaving a message saying how much better he is at the game. you should tell him that the reason he wouldn't go to MLG is because he's scared and that if he doesn't stop complaining and restarting matches that you'll stop playing SSBM with him, and then just try to find other people to play with.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Drop the dead weight. You aren't going to gain anything from Smash if you keep hanging around and playing him.

Say, is he always like this? Like when you aren't playing Smash and just hanging out, is he still a jerk, or does he only turn into the Intolerable Hulk when he plays?

Top Bottom