• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
So judging from the pure amount of new additions in this new modpack, I'm guessing that a 2gb SD card won't be enough to handle the Homebrew version with everything included, would upgrading to a 4gb SD be a better option or should I go bigger, and if I do get one of those would it be able to be used on a Wii?
If you want all the music, stages, and everything included in the build, a 5+ GB SD card would be best

Last edited:

vathekid

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible for the build to feature diffrent builds
such as complete, no extra stages n musoc, n ect.
i have larger sd cards, but i want to be able to supress it into a 2gb sd card

ReturnRare

Smash Rookie
NNID
WVdUde
3DS FC
5412-9894-2063
So... Any chance of Banjo & Kazooie being included at some point? I know some folks involved in Smashified who'd be happy to lend a hand in the model creation and other art assets.

Szion

Smash Journeyman
do you have a thread for hector? I would like to help out in anyway I can and I have a couple suggestions if you are open to them

it's not out yet
I dont have a thread..but thats a good idea. suggestions are always great.

y'see, im not the original creator. that's large leader. However, there' a huge difference between his base version and my updates.

I'll make a thread and see if anyone can do anything for him. Since we cant have lyn, i want that FE7 itch scratched.

Last edited:

Jigglypoof21

Smash Cadet
This exists? I don't even know how to add over 10 costumes and add portraits.
That exists, but it is not yet possible to add more than 10 costumes without portrait conflicts (with some exceptions such as Ganondorf, Toon Link, R.O.B. and Sonic). That project is waiting for an upcoming code which will allow 20 costumes without portrait conflicts.

jokermelee

Smash Apprentice
I think Wii is able to support SDHC cards, but Brawl still has the 2GB limit. I think Letterbomb can load hackless Brawl mods without the 2GB restriction Smash Stack has.
So would that mean that this mod will be able to fit on a 2GB? Or would I have to use Letterbomb to install the hackless version onto it, and if I installed the hackless version, would there be restricted things like removed stages and such?

Shren

Smash Journeyman
So would that mean that this mod will be able to fit on a 2GB? Or would I have to use Letterbomb to install the hackless version onto it, and if I installed the hackless version, would there be restricted things like removed stages and such?
Using letterbomb will grant access to homebrew channel and that version of the build can have more that 2gb

SyphoV2

Smash Cadet
NNID
SyphoV2
3DS FC
1504-5926-1350
Using letterbomb will grant access to homebrew channel and that version of the build can have more that 2gb
What is the biggest size SD card that can be read through the homebrew channel for Brawl? I'd like to purchase a new card to be ready for this release.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
What is the biggest size SD card that can be read through the homebrew channel for Brawl? I'd like to purchase a new card to be ready for this release.
as big enough you want I guess

oorr23

Smash Cadet
I know this isn't for Tournament Play, but does that mean the characters in the original build of 3.6 don't retain their 3.6 movesets?

oorr23

Smash Cadet
I *believe* by default it's 2 GBs. With hacking, it can be made larger, but idk how to do that.

SyphoV2

Smash Cadet
NNID
SyphoV2
3DS FC
1504-5926-1350
I *believe* by default it's 2 GBs. With hacking, it can be made larger, but idk how to do that.
With the homebrew channel. It's not too difficult and there are some good guides out there.

I did some research and the largest SD card that can be read by the Wii and through the homebrew channel is 32 GBs.

Roydley

Smash Rookie
Will the "Lite" version remove any characters? Cause i'm not sure if I want to go through the effort of hacking and possibly bricking my wii.

jokermelee

Smash Apprentice
With the homebrew channel. It's not too difficult and there are some good guides out there.

I did some research and the largest SD card that can be read by the Wii and through the homebrew channel is 32 GBs.
Does that means that an SD card bigger then 2GB will work even for brawl just by using the Homebrew channel? I currently have the Homebrew channel so all I would need to do in that case is upgrade my SD card

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
So... Any chance of Banjo & Kazooie being included at some point? I know some folks involved in Smashified who'd be happy to lend a hand in the model creation and other art assets.
I think that depends on if someone is making banjo and kazooie

timone317

Smash Rookie
I have a suggestion...well, more of a request. I was satisfied with the Legacy pack but I'm still bothered by the seemingly random arrangement of the stages.

http://i.imgur.com/YHE8ycs.png

I don't know if it can be edited for the main release but if possible I'd really like to see a separate pack created that features the list of stages organized by their origin series. The following image only includes stages from the first page but it gets the point across.

http://i.imgur.com/aqs99tI.png

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Watching the trailer again, I can't help but feel that Metal Sonic sticks out from the rest a bit. His model looks familiar. I think it's from one of the Sonic games instead of being new, so that may be why. I'm not sure how to describe it, but his textures/appearance just look kinda flat. It would be nice to see an update in the future, even just in terms of polishing the existing model.

SyphoV2

Smash Cadet
NNID
SyphoV2
3DS FC
1504-5926-1350
Does that means that an SD card bigger then 2GB will work even for brawl just by using the Homebrew channel? I currently have the Homebrew channel so all I would need to do in that case is upgrade my SD card
That's the impression I'm getting from this topic. At first, a large homebrew version will be released and will be over 2GBs. That would be accessed through the homebrew channel (such as the Project M launcher).

It's said a "Lite" version will come out for hackless, using the stage builder exploit and that version will be less than 2 GBs. In my research, I saw different sized memory cards tested on the homebrew channel for compatibility and saw that sizes ranged from MB cards to, at most, 32 GBs SDHC cards.

LiveWire-93

Smash Cadet
That's the impression I'm getting from this topic. At first, a large homebrew version will be released and will be over 2GBs. That would be accessed through the homebrew channel (such as the Project M launcher).

It's said a "Lite" version will come out for hackless, using the stage builder exploit and that version will be less than 2 GBs. In my research, I saw different sized memory cards tested on the homebrew channel for compatibility and saw that sizes ranged from MB cards to, at most, 32 GBs SDHC cards.
Damn, My biggest SD card is 4GB. Do you think that'll be enough memory for this build?

SyphoV2

Smash Cadet
NNID
SyphoV2
3DS FC
1504-5926-1350
Damn, My biggest SD card is 4GB. Do you think that'll be enough memory for this build?
If you want all the music, stages, and everything included in the build, a 5+ GB SD card would be best
This is what someone else in the thread said. I'm not sure how much they know, but I feel this build will be really huge.

LiveWire-93

Smash Cadet
This is what someone else in the thread said. I'm not sure how much they know, but I feel this build will be really huge.
Yeah I guess I'll have to buy an 8 or 16 GB card. I'm not even sure if they make 8 GB cards though.

Last edited:

jokermelee

Smash Apprentice

Alright, and I found the chart you were looking for, it seems like SDHC cards with 8GB work with Homebrew rather well, at least the top two 8GB SD cards

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/SD/SDHC_Card_Compatibility_Tests

Also judging from what other people are saying in this thread, upgrading to an SD card with more than 6GB that is compatible with Homebrew seems like a good idea for this update

SyphoV2

Smash Cadet
NNID
SyphoV2
3DS FC
1504-5926-1350
Yeah I guess I'll have to buy an 8 or 16 GB card. I'm not even sure if they make 8 GB cards though.
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Memo...nements=p_n_feature_two_browse-bin:6518304011

This is the card I purchased. Not pricey at all. If you search Amazon for whatever sized card you'd like, you'll find many options at low prices. You'll have no problem getting an updated card :)

Alright, and I found the chart you were looking for, it seems like SDHC cards with 8GB work with Homebrew rather well, at least the top two 8GB SD cards

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/SD/SDHC_Card_Compatibility_Tests

Also judging from what other people are saying in this thread, upgrading to an SD card with more than 6GB that is compatible with Homebrew seems like a good idea for this update
Yeah, I should have referenced the chart earlier. My bad. I posted above what card I purchased and for $10, I feel it's the best deal and you won't ever have to worry about size. You should totally get the 8 GB one if you feel that's the best for you. I wish we'd have more information, such as the size of this build and the release date. "Soon" isn't entirely descriptive.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
I know it maybe nitpicking, but that PED Samus doesn't look like it belongs, but that's probably because of the lack of Project M effects and can see her face. (Probably me just bummed that PM leaked PED Samus hasn't been "officially" released like all of the other alts (and rebuilt ZSS) had)

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
depends on how much you have on it, also if a project m build is on the SD card already you need to Delete that build first before you put the new build on or else youll get an additional space needed error, but yea 4GBs worked for Legacy so 4GBs should work for Legacy XP

LiveWire-93

Smash Cadet
depends on how much you have on it, also if a project m build is on the SD card already you need to Delete that build first before you put the new build on or else youll get an additional space needed error, but yea 4GBs worked for Legacy so 4GBs should work for Legacy XP
Thanks, I do have ALM5252's build on it right now but hell, I'd delete it for this build no problem.

Junior42O

Smash Rookie
Will hacked and hackless versions come out on the same day is my question pretty hyped for this

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
When can we expect a Hackless release? Also, how many stages can we expect to see removed?

Top Bottom