• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Should the extra music stay in the build, or become a separate, optional component ("DLC")?

• Yes, I like the songs, but it would free up space for other things.

Votes: 228 60.5%
  • Yes, I don't like the songs / amount of songs you included.

Votes: 22 5.8%
  • No, I like the songs you added the way they are.

Votes: 107 28.4%
  • No, just remove some of them, and don't make it DLC.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters

Lozzu

Smash Rookie
Hey, (in dolphin) when I boot up legacy regularly, it works fine, but when I try to use the hd pack, it goes back to normal brawl. Any idea on how to fix it?

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
how do you change voices for characters, I want to revert diddy, donkey and wario back to the ones used in pm

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Well, have you replaced the right version of battlefield? It doesn't have a special .rel.

Jolt_91

Smash Cadet
Well, have you replaced the right version of battlefield? It doesn't have a special .rel.
Oh, I see. I just opened it in the Brawl stage manager:

it says st_battle_X.rel: Skyworld. I have no Idea how I do that with the new version from my previous link

EDIT: I got it! I just renamed the downloaded Battlefield to STGBATTLEFIELD_X.pac and created a rel Battlefield to Battlefield and renamed it to st_battle_X.rel.
Furthermore I used the ASL tool and clicked through Button Edit in the Battlefield stage and module and placed the new RSBE01 over the old one (That might have been completely useless tho, but Legacy didnt start at all without that)
THEN I replaced the old STGBATTLEFIELD_X and st_battle_X.rel

Now I can enjoy a lagless Wii U Battlefield :151:

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
You seem to have done an awful lot of work for a small thing. IMO, don't use Brawl stage manager. It works best with vanilla p:m 3.6. But the important thing is that it works for you now.

SuperGohanSunderland

Smash Rookie
Hey, Sorry to bother but I wanted to ask you for some help on something. Okay so me and my brother have been playing so much of your Smash Legacy mod and loving it. But there's just one tiny little bit pick I'd personally like to know if you can help me fix with Mario.

I love all the new skins you've given Mario, but I have to admit I really miss his Fire Mario skin. I played it all the time in Brawl. Is there any possible way you can help me out with how to get it back in your mod? Maybe have it replace another skin I'm less fond of like maybe the Green Mario pallette or something? Sorry to be so specific and nit picky. It just feels a bit lacking. Especially when you already have Fire Luigi, and fire Peach in the game. Thanks for listening and I love Smash Legacy, it's a thrill to play. (:

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
I love all the new skins you've given Mario, but I have to admit I really miss his Fire Mario skin. I played it all the time in Brawl. Is there any possible way you can help me out with how to get it back in your mod? Maybe have it replace another skin I'm less fond of like maybe the Green Mario pallette or something? Sorry to be so specific and nit picky. (:
U can do it the lazy way and just find the skin and css,bs,etc from vanilla pm, save those files, then override whatever costume u don't want using brawlcostumemanager, but the css and all that will look out of place. If you do mind then either use photoshop to recolor one of the skins so Mario is in the same position or if you aren't good at photoshop u can ask for help

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
SuperGohanSunderland SuperGohanSunderland What Rpggames said. Or just do it manually. I'm not a fan of the Brawl managers as they tend to work properly with vanilla p:m 3.6.

Dr.Pepe-r Dr.Pepe-r Creating skins is hard work, especially one like yours as it seems to have some arm-things that will need to be custom made. Sorry for bursting your bubble, but that request ain't gonna fly. Heck, even requests to add existing skins go unanswered.

dawdge

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-3131-7304
It used to be fine, but now when I am on the stage select screen, none of the buttons used to select stages work. For example, if I use the R button, it not only doesn't select the alternate stage, but also doesn't flip the pages.

This is a great build btw, I like how you haven't gotten rid of anything important or went over the top, so the game is just a step up from Project M.

medicon

Smash Rookie
Why would you add a Grey Mega Lucario and no normal? Kinda odd... Also what's up with that OC like lmao

Last edited:

dawdge

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-3131-7304
It used to be fine, but now when I am on the stage select screen, none of the buttons used to select stages work. For example, if I use the R button, it not only doesn't select the alternate stage, but also doesn't flip the pages.

This is a great build btw, I like how you haven't gotten rid of anything important or went over the top, so the game is just a step up from Project M.
Also this might be dumb but where is the music DLC?

Thanks

Dr.Pepe-r

Smash Rookie
And i wanted to leave an idea the other time but i forgot, could you use the D-pad instead of the l, r and z buttons for the alternative stages, sometimes, the game dont get correctly the input of some of them and it just runs the default map. and i think it would be more confortable, and you could use the exta side (like if you just used left, down and right) for another stage or something else.
And there are something extra, but is just my preference, could you place fountain of dream back to the normal list and move some of the other songs to the DLCs ? or is there a way to do it by myself ?

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
Safari on iPad. I am lucky to get my laptop to connected to my dropbox... that was a miracle. Basically I can only browse the internet on my iPad and work with the files on my laptop.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Ah. You could install the app, but I don't know how good or bad the app is.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
It's good. It syncs between your devices. The only problem you could run into is that it can't extract .rar or .zip files, so you would need to do the extraction yourself.

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
Ah. You could install the app, but I don't know how good or bad the app is.
Terrible... it was the first thing I looked into. I'd rather bite my fingers off one by one... with the exception on my middle fingers... even I have to express emotion. Completely unusable. I've given MEGA at least 5 chances before.

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
CelticVizard CelticVizard
Hmm...you're out of options unless someone re-uploads legacy for you onto some other site. But I don't know if David is OK with that...

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
Hey David. Hope all is well.

Person66 is developing the Ultimate Brawl ISO Builder for Project M. His program works great but few things like Legacy M don't work properly on it.

If it's not to much to ask, could you lend him some support? Building an ISO is the only way I can play Legacy M on Wii U.

Here's the link http://smashboards.com/threads/brawlbuilder-the-ultimate-ssbb-iso-builder.432675/
Keep up the great work!

SuperGohanSunderland

Smash Rookie
U can do it the lazy way and just find the skin and css,bs,etc from vanilla pm, save those files, then override whatever costume u don't want using brawlcostumemanager, but the css and all that will look out of place. If you do mind then either use photoshop to recolor one of the skins so Mario is in the same position or if you aren't good at photoshop u can ask for help
SuperGohanSunderland SuperGohanSunderland What Rpggames said. Or just do it manually. I'm not a fan of the Brawl managers as they tend to work properly with vanilla p:m 3.6.

Okay so I did it the lazy way of course and copied the skin files straight from the vanilla project m folder. And it actually worked out pretty well. The skin is in the game. And works outside of the portraits. So thanks guys!

I hate to admit it though but the nit picky side to me is really bothered by the blue Mario skin. Can someone fill me in on how to look at the stock thumbnails and the character portrait to edit it? Like is there a program I need to open these files? If so, where can I get it? I have Photoshop and I actually wouldn't mind editing the images myself. But I can't figure out what program I need to open the portraits. In the character folder they're some different kind of filetype. Again, sorry to bother. And if this is asking for too much than I can just deal with the normal blue Mario skin portraits. It's not that big a deal. But it does bother me just a bit. Ehhh
Thanks again though guys.

medicon

Smash Rookie
Okay so I did it the lazy way of course and copied the skin files straight from the vanilla project m folder. And it actually worked out pretty well. The skin is in the game. And works outside of the portraits. So thanks guys!

I hate to admit it though but the nit picky side to me is really bothered by the blue Mario skin. Can someone fill me in on how to look at the stock thumbnails and the character portrait to edit it? Like is there a program I need to open these files? If so, where can I get it? I have Photoshop and I actually wouldn't mind editing the images myself. But I can't figure out what program I need to open the portraits. In the character folder they're some different kind of filetype. Again, sorry to bother. And if this is asking for too much than I can just deal with the normal blue Mario skin portraits. It's not that big a deal. But it does bother me just a bit. Ehhh
Thanks again though guys.
I recommend Brawl Managers. Some can get mixed up, but it should work out fine. Make backups.

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
davidvkimball davidvkimball Would you release the Mario victory theme individually or could I have permission to upload it eventually?

SuperGohanSunderland

Smash Rookie
I recommend Brawl Managers. Some can get mixed up, but it should work out fine. Make backups.
Hey dude, thanks a lot for the suggestion! I downloaded Brawl manager and replaced the portraits with more suitable ones but for some unknown reason it still won't go.

Every other costume set looks like this.

And Here's the skin where I extracted the images and replaced them

When I tried to save, that little text box is what showed up. But even with that. I managed to save these settings the first time I applied them and put the files into my SD card for my wii. It's only now, when I go back to look at the costume again that it mysteriously shows up. Once I Legacy though nothing still changes. It was still just like this first image. Select screen, lives and all.

Anyone know what the problem could be? All the changes are still allegedly confirmed for the character. When I pull up the costume in the manager, everything is still just as I set it. It just won't acknowledge the portraits I put in. Is this something I might need to take to a BrawlManagerForumn or something? Did I miss a step? All I did was replace the images in Costume manager. I know this is kind of specific. Again, sorry guys.

****** EDIT *********

Actually, uhh I got it. I did skip a step after all. YAYY.
Thanks for everything guys! This community is great.

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Speaking of the manager, 3.5 mappings are still there and the result is Samus and Sonic's costumes are out of order.

Top Bottom