• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Should the extra music stay in the build, or become a separate, optional component ("DLC")?

• Yes, I like the songs, but it would free up space for other things.

Votes: 228 60.5%
  • Yes, I don't like the songs / amount of songs you included.

Votes: 22 5.8%
  • No, I like the songs you added the way they are.

Votes: 107 28.4%
  • No, just remove some of them, and don't make it DLC.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Well, only one of them is an anime reference, but eh. It's p:m/legacy. It's easy to customize.

P.S. Theytah's ex-pmdt. Just saying.

Last edited:

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Well, that's a personal opionion. Mine is that I feel more comfortable playing a Smash hack with visuals and souns that pretend to be an actual game. Anime and other media references kind of take me out of that idea of simulating a real Smash game. It just makes it too obvious that it is a mod.

I am not criticizing those who have made those alt costumes — I have to say they are pretty elaborate. What I meant is I personally cannot see that as an almost official release. That's something I loved of PMDev art, for instance.
If you want something from Nintendo, I would rcommend replacing it with the Awakening costume from 3.6.1. Personally, I replaced one of his other color swap colors with the Awakening alt, since I like the Driller alt. Just so you know a good costume you can use as a replacement.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Well, only one of them is an anime reference, but eh. It's p:m/legacy. It's easy to customize.

P.S. Theytah's ex-pmdt. Just saying.
Yeah, I know, but Anime and other media references didn't reach official Project M builds.

If you want something from Nintendo, I would rcommend replacing it with the Awakening costume from 3.6.1. Personally, I replaced one of his other color swap colors with the Awakening alt, since I like the Driller alt. Just so you know a good costume you can use as a replacement.
That's a good suggestion, indeed. Perhaps it's better if I create my own build, messing up both alt costumes and custom music.

By the way, there are a couple of bugs in Legacy 1.3 in which P2 battle icon does not appear or camera seems to be locked. Is this a Project M 3.6 problem or a Legacy 1.3 issue? I mean... Is this ever going to be fixed?

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
I feel more comfortable playing a Smash hack with visuals and souns that pretend to be an actual game. Anime and other media references kind of take me out of that idea of simulating a real Smash game. It just makes it too obvious that it is a mod.
i think it's pretty obvious this is a mod from the moment you boot up the homebrew channel ;)

Celuan

Smash Rookie
For dolphin, you need to download winimage which allows you to open SD.raw files.
SD.raw files go in My Documents->Dolphin->Wii.

I made a post sometime back about installing on dolphin and on some basic winimage functions, so check it out
So where is this post, also what version of winimage should I get?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
@Nova_Plus follow this guide.
https://www.smashladder.com/guides/view/264y/project-m/project-m-netplay-the-sd-method

It's for installing P:M netplay. If your internet can't handle the 2 gig SD.raw download, follow this guide.

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Virtual_SD_Card_Guide

Also, download winimage. It allows you to edit SD.raw files.

To play legacy, just open the SD.raw with winimage and delete everything, if anything is in there. On the menu bar, click on inject->inject a folder and navigate to where you extracted the legacy zip file. If you follow the first link correctly, you should be good to go.

For music DLC, I made a post about that. Winimage works like how a normal folder works.

For HD stuff, this thread should be useful.

http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-3-hd-remix-the-thread.412242/
Get the latest version, Celuan Celuan

Last edited:

sealedinterface

Smash Rookie
NNID
einsteinsci
There are a few stages marked as "R" in the credits.txt file. These are different from the secret stages reached by pressing Start instead of A, which are marked "W". How do you get the "R" stages, like "20XX Rainbow FD"?

Also, is there any way to get an sd.raw with all the DLC songs?

EDIT: Figured it out.
Hold up on the D-pad immediately after hitting A on a stage.

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
You could inject them yourself into the sd.raw, but virtual SD cards over 2 gigs don't seem to work with dolphin

Hurtwit

Smash Rookie
I have a problem that I can't solve myself ...

Whenever I go to the classic mode character select screen the game crashes immediately .. :(
I'm using a 2GB non-SDHC Card formatet in FAT32. I added no other mods only the original legacy 1.3 version .. (and the music dlc but I think thats not the issue)

And by the way: I love Super smash bros legacy ! Great works :):):)
I have the same issue as iPM. My game will crash every time I go to Classic Mode. I'm running Homebrew build 1.3, with a 4 GB SDHC, formatted in FAT32. So far, I've been enjoying SSBL since 1.02. Everything else is fine, just that my game'll crash once I go to Classic Mode, almost immediately.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
That's kind of disappointing. I would have loved if Legacy would preserve some rules about Nintendo universe. I mean, something like alt costumes that are based on actual character designs or clothes along his/her games. I love cosplay, but with meaningfully justified, such as same series cosplay. Alt costumes that change character's identity or include elements outside of Nintendo and/or video gaming are things I don't actually like, to tell you the truth.
I understand your points. It's important to realize that Legacy started off as my personal pack of favorite mods, and wasn't intended to be widespread at all.

However I do plan on making some adjustments in the future to do some more quality control. We'll see.

schettinoman

Smash Rookie
I understand your points. It's important to realize that Legacy started off as my personal pack of favorite mods, and wasn't intended to be widespread at all.

However I do plan on making some adjustments in the future to do some more quality control. We'll see.
Sound good David, Tough i been wondering about the direction that Legacy is leaning towards to, since the most recent release had more competitive focused changes, is this going to have more content while keeping the competitive gaming in mind? i ask this because there is a lot of cool content that is not suitable for all characters due to costume lag issues or stages.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
As long as David maintains the quality of this project, I don't mind any changes.

P.S. Random mode when? ;)

Last edited:

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman

Hi!

Didn't try to insult your work! Actually, I believe it's brilliant. As a matter of fact, it's my regular build!

However, for further releases, I would ask you to replace some non-canon costumes and/or stages. Just an idea, I'm not begging you :p

KronoFox

Smash Rookie
NNID
MikeXD13
3DS FC
2019-9684-6323
Hey quick question, I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same issue but I made sure all the files are right in place and the SD card is formatted right (trying to run it through homebrew) and I can get the game running and all but once I try to go to regular smash mode it freezes before the character select screen even shows up. Any way any of you could help?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Once I locked my SD card by accident and the game froze after selecting a stage. But I was using hackless.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Nice job you guys are doing

Got a question, who made the custom menus?
The custom main menu was made by Theytah, the custom character selection screen and stage selection screen were made by me, Psycho Hedgie, Puzzled, TheRealHeroOfWinds, and Kuro.

archryn

Smash Cadet
However, for further releases, I would ask you to replace some non-canon costumes and/or stages. Just an idea, I'm not begging you :p
You could also edit any future releases to remove costumes you don't like, or even stages. The tools exist for you to be able to do that.

Yojiexo

Smash Rookie
Is it posible to work in a 4gb SD Card like Project M?

Yes I have homebrew channel for make Project M launch in my Wii

Last edited:

munchies911

Smash Cadet
@davidvkimball
is there anyway I could get an alternate link for the homebrew version from you? I can't seem to extract the zip files from the homebrew version on the brawlvault link already there, idk why but I'm hopping a new link will solve the issue.

Yojiexo

Smash Rookie
Are you sure? I put the files in my SD card after Format, then went to Homebrew and saw nothing, cuz I used the Homebrew, the icon appeared but the Wii got stuck on a Black Screen

Do I need the original 3.6 PM build?

Last edited:

archryn

Smash Cadet
Are you sure? I put the files in my SD card after Format, then went to Homebrew and saw nothing, cuz I used the Homebrew, the icon appeared but the Wii got stuck on a Black Screen

Do I need the original 3.6 PM build?
Are you using the Project M Launcher? Did you name your SD card anything? There's a variety of errors that can cause a black screen, I need a bit more info before I can fully help you troubleshoot.

azzinothflame

Smash Rookie
A mi me funcionó usando usb loader gx ( con el canal Hombrew instalado, o sea, con la wii hackeada).
Es muy importante que la memory card no este dentro de la wii y la targeta sd formateada a fat32.
Si el menu de Legacy que aparece en la pantalla principal de Homebrew no te funciona, intenta usando usb loader gx. En este loader, pones estas configuraciones para el juego : IOS: 249. Language: english. Block IOS reload: off. Ocarina: on. Hook type: VBI.

Por cierto, esto lo hice con una targeta mini sd de 2gb no hc, ignoro si funcina o no con una de 4gb hc.

== English try== : I got it to work using usb loader gx (with the homebrew channel, i mean, with the wii hacked)

It is very important that the memory card isnt inside the console, and that the sd device is formated in fat 32.

If the legacy menu that appears in the homebew channel does not work (black screen) , try using usb loader gx. In this Loader, touch the little disc and put this configuration for the game( Smash bros brawl) : IOS: 249. Language: english. Block IOS reload: off. Ocarina: on. Hook type: VBI. Then just run the game.

By the way, i done this with a mini sd of 2 gb non hc, with an adapter. i dont know if this works with a sd hc.

Last edited:

azzinothflame

Smash Rookie
¿Does this build plain adding more characters?

Like Knuckles, lyn and Isaac from project m abandoned build, Project Ganondorf, Waluigi ? Characters mods of high quality that in my opinion, would be amazing here.

Last edited:

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
A mi me funcionó usando usb loader gx ( con el canal Hombrew instalado, o sea, con la wii hackeada).
Es muy importante que la memory card no este dentro de la wii y la targeta sd formateada a fat32.
Si el menu de Legacy que aparece en la pantalla principal de Homebrew no te funciona, intenta usando usb loader gx. En este loader, pones estas configuraciones para el juego : IOS: 249. Language: english. Block IOS reload: off. Ocarina: on. Hook type: VBI.

Por cierto, esto lo hice con una targeta mini sd de 2gb no hc, y con una copia original del juego (creo haberlo hecho antes con una copia del juego en sd, pero no estoy seguro)
In English through Google Translate. Needs some editing, but understandable.

To my ran me using usb loader gx (with the installed Hombrew channel, i.e. with the hacked wii).
Is very important that the memory card is in the wii and formatted to fat32 sd card.
If the menu's Legacy that appears on the main screen of Homebrew does not work, try using usb loader gx. This loader, put these settings for the game: IOS: 249. Language: english. Block IOS reload: off. Ocarina: on. Hook type: VBI.
By the way, this did with a 2 gb sd mini card not hc, and with an original copy of the game (I think to have it done before with a copy of the game in sd, but I'm not sure)
Someone else can rewrite that so it can be read easily, but at least it's in English.

Jolt_91

Smash Cadet
I really appreciate Legacy and the awesome skins and stages. I love how it adds stuff but is still P:M

I replaced a few costumes because i thought they wouldn't fit very well: Robo Squirtle / Lucario, that excite Bike Falcon, the last Roy costume, the Mega Pokémon and I added Fire Mario.

About Mega Mewtwo X: I replaced it because it doesn't look like Mega Mewtwo X. If he looked like MMX, he wouldn't fit with the animations anymore, so it's best if you replace it in Legacy.

I replaced the other Megas to compensate for that, but they are fine except for the missing shinys /normal colors. And Mega Charizard X could get some cosmetic improvements.

And a last point: the new music is too loud. You can't hear the battles properly. For example on the bowser stage with the N64 Bowser song. If I just turn the music volume down in the settings, the other music is too quiet.

Last edited:

zombiegrizz000

Smash Rookie
NNID
zombiegrizz000
I have a question. Project m legacy 1.21 plays out fine normally with 2 or 3 players at a time on Stages without hazards. However, My friends and I (4 of us total) tried going on a very hazardous stage, big blue, and after about 45 seconds of playing on it, the entire game froze. this seems to sometimes happen when 2 people both use a strong move at the same time on a stage like training room as well. is there any reason in particular that this happens? Is there a way to make the game freeze happen less frequently or not at all? I am Curious, so can someone please help me answer this? I am sure that other users have also encountered this problem, so it might help them too.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
zombiegrizz000 zombiegrizz000 We need some more details. What are you playing Legacy on? Hackless? Homebrew? Also, the latest version is 1.3, if you didn't know. Try using that and see if the same thing happens.

Yojiexo Yojiexo np, you aren't spamming per se. However, I don't know much about homebrew, so, as a last resort, join this discord. Maybe someone there might help you. No guarantees though. https://discord.gg/0naWDU9QUo5miFoA

Top Bottom